Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

God loves me.

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 10:05 PM
grampa_stang
4th Gear Member

Default RE: God loves me.

Yep. Brake stand = Power braking. Power braking is the term we used back in the day ('70's & '80's).
Old 06-21-2008, 11:07 PM
dschmink
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: exx1976

Better half? If memory serves, he's like 17 or 18..

As for your hood, double dumbass on you. You're lucky you didn't kill yourself or some friends if that opened up. Hood pins FTMFW!

Brakes? Also double dumbass on you. Line locks cost less than rotors and pads...

EDIT: Count yourself lucky god loves you more than Darwin does, you almost got an award.
That cracked me up.
Old 06-21-2008, 11:09 PM
dschmink
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: grampa_stang

Has nothing to do with god...it's a safety catch, and it did what it was supposed to do. Another thing
you should knowbynowis never ever ever mention you were speeding in this forum. There's way
too many people in herethat have a holier-than-thou attitude and love to preach.
Says the guy with a pegged speedo in his sig [8D]
Old 06-21-2008, 11:09 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

Yeah but there are plenty of dip****s that will tell you how cool you are for speeding too, so it all balances out.

Has nothing to do with god...it's a safety catch, and it did what it was supposed to do. Another thing
you should knowbynowis never ever ever mention you were speeding in this forum. There's way
too many people in herethat have a holier-than-thou attitude and love to preach.
Old 06-21-2008, 11:59 PM
grampa_stang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: beaustang

Yeah but there are plenty of dip****s that will tell you how cool you are for speeding too, so it all balances out.

Not even frickin close. I have yet to read a post where someone said "you're cool" regarding speeding.
Old 06-22-2008, 01:17 AM
chain1
4th Gear Member

I think what it is is that people come onto this forum and are so proud of themselves for speeding in their stang. Let's be honest folks. It takes ABSOLUTELY NO SKILL to do 145+ on an open road. I've certainly done my share of speeding, even gone well over 145 but I would never do it with other people in the car. I'm happy to take my life into my hands but not other peoples.

Bottom line, take it to a track, clip some apexes and learn how to really drive. That's something to be proud of. This isn't directed at the OP, just a general comment.
Old 06-22-2008, 10:19 AM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

My hood flutters all the time even though it's fully latched.
Old 06-22-2008, 10:46 AM
one eyed willy
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chain1

I think what it is is that people come onto this forum and are so proud of themselves for speeding in their stang. Let's be honest folks. It takes ABSOLUTELY NO SKILL to do 145+ on an open road. I've certainly done my share of speeding, even gone well over 145 but I would never do it with other people in the car. I'm happy to take my life into my hands but not other peoples.

Bottom line, take it to a track, clip some apexes and learn how to really drive. That's something to be proud of. This isn't directed at the OP, just a general comment.
im gald people like you are here to keep us all safe.
Old 06-22-2008, 10:53 AM
boochy
CSMG Moderator

I don't speed... ever
Old 06-22-2008, 10:59 AM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

I've taken the car up pretty high once. 140. This was on a flat, straight stretch of nice road between Belfry MT and Cody WY called the straights. I'm not bragging, it was a dangerous thing to do. I did it because it was fun and also because I was curious to see how the car felt as it approached speeds over 120.

The curiousity is satisfied and I don't think I'll do it again any time soon. Plus a frickin bird flew up off the side of the road and hit me right before I let off. No damage but it definitely spooked me at the time.

Quick Reply: God loves me.