Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Superchargers

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 07:02 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Superchargers

TS= instant torque, better for street
centri= builds boost w/ higher rpm

either one is great fun
all your options will get you 450 rwhp and capable of low 12's/ high 11's w/ the right traction
dont go by SC sound, thats just a bonus
Old 06-23-2008, 07:17 PM
07GT500

Im leaning towards whipple because of the whole TS thing, I just love instant boost, thats what I was thinking TS had over centri
Old 06-23-2008, 07:25 PM
Ortoch
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07GT500

Im leaning towards whipple because of the whole TS thing, I just love instant boost, thats what I was thinking TS had over centri
if you want instant boost then def go TS but if you want the benefits of the centri (high RPM levels, building boost, more power overall, you plan on drag racing, etc....) then go with turbos. Centri superchargers are like a crappy mix of Turbos and Superchargers that cant beat a turbo at the track and cant beat a TS on the street so bleh I wouldnt get one if you really plan on being a master of a given field.

my 2 cents dont hate me centri guys its just an opinion
Old 06-23-2008, 07:35 PM
Vertigo
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Ortoch

........Centri superchargers are like a crappy mix of Turbos and Superchargers that cant beat a turbo at the track and cant beat a TS on the street so bleh I wouldnt get one if you really plan on being a master of a given field.

ROFL! [sm=laughat.gif] thats the best thing i have read all week.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:37 PM
07GT500

turbos definately are very fun, but not practical for me, this is mainly a street car with the added bonus of some drag strip runs.
ok now some more questions, intercooler or not, is it necessary?
and also, would a whipple beat a procharger in the 1/8 mile, im more fond of acceleration than top end speed, so would a TS be the way to go to shave off 0-60 and 1/8 mile times?
Old 06-23-2008, 07:41 PM
Vertigo
3rd Gear Member

The best way to answer your question further is find out everything on the net about each setup and go from there. Most of the guys on here will help you out and tell you everything they know about each setup good and bad. The others just throw there "Fluff" around. Onederful made a great point, never pick a setup just because of the sound. I myself picked a centri setup because i also drive a lightning with a KB on it so i wanted a change.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:55 PM
Ortoch
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Vertigo

........Centri superchargers are like a crappy mix of Turbos and Superchargers that cant beat a turbo at the track and cant beat a TS on the street so bleh I wouldnt get one if you really plan on being a master of a given field.

haha jeeze I knew I would get flamed by a centri guy even saying that yall shouldnt flame me but oh well some ppl gota hit back :P

If it makes you better a centri settup will blow a turbo settup away on the street off the line
and a centri settup will blow a TS settup away at the track... lol

if you need to hear that to make urself feel better about it
Old 06-23-2008, 08:00 PM
Vertigo
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Vertigo

haha jeeze I knew I would get flamed by a centri guy even saying that yall shouldnt flame me but oh well some ppl gota hit back :P

If it makes you better a centri settup will blow a turbo settup away on the street off the line
and a centri settup will blow a TS settup away at the track... lol

if you need to hear that to make urself feel better about it
You are so right , they might as well take centris off the market because they are "a crappy mix of Turbos and Superchargers that cant beat a turbo at the track". I own both setups and its all on your personal pref.
Old 06-23-2008, 08:22 PM
Ortoch
4th Gear Member

le sigh.... i didnt say that its a middle ground between the two if you want something middle of the road that you can enjoy in both settings its perfect for you which a LOT of people are like that so dont get too defensive its gonna be ok man u made a good purchase cuz thats what you wanted haha dont let what I said make you think it wasnt

ITS JUST MY OPINION! lol
Old 06-23-2008, 08:45 PM
modaddict
4th Gear Member

Normally, I always ask what specifically you want the car to do and feel. It is true that all your choices can meet your power goals but from what you have said yourself about wanting the power instant and the most fun on the street - then it's a TS for you hands down without a second thought.

All 3 (KB Whipple Saleen) will give you what you want so get the one where you or your shop has the most experience on and can get the best deal on.

Quick Reply: Superchargers