Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Race Seats

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 05:49 PM
Pwny
4th Gear Member

Default Race Seats

I'm looking to trim some fat off the Mustang. I think I will be getting Corbeau A4's as a replacement for the stockers.

I was wondering if anybody had any type of racing seat in their car, as well as pictures. I'm curious as to how these things would look.

P.S. Fix the search function.
Old 06-24-2008, 06:19 PM
modaddict
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Race Seats

You aren't going to save too much weight with any 'road race' type seat like those as they are not too much lighter when you factor in the mounting hardware, slider brackets, etc.

If you want to shave weight you have to go with a drag type seat. The lightest road race looking seat I found were the buddy club and they were about 17 lbs.

I used a mix of both lightweight and comfort on my car and use sparco's in mine that were lightweight and comfortable.
Old 06-24-2008, 06:21 PM
Pwny
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: modaddict

You aren't going to save too much weight with any 'road race' type seat like those as they are not too much lighter when you factor in the mounting hardware, slider brackets, etc.

If you want to shave weight you have to go with a drag type seat. The lightest road race looking seat I found were the buddy club and they were about 17 lbs.

I used a mix of both lightweight and comfort on my car and use sparco's in mine that were lightweight and comfortable.
Thanks. Where did you buy your set from?
Old 06-24-2008, 07:35 PM
A_Drunken_Llama
3rd Gear Member

IMHO Sparco and all racing seats are not worth getting unless you mean to use your car for mostly racing purposes... the stock seat is so superior in comfort and usability....

just my .02
Old 06-24-2008, 09:23 PM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

i think ford could have done a way better job on our seats.. more sporty, hugging, etc..

the freakin srt 8 seats are amazing for being from factory.. somethign that hugs the driver better would have been great..

but im not really complaining tooo much.. i mean they do look verryyy retro to the 60's seats..

but i will be looking into some as well in the near future.. saw some while quickly glancing in a mag.. made by summit racing.. looked pretty decent and great price.. dunno specs on em tho.. but corbeau seems to be pretty top notch from what i have looked at..

Old 06-24-2008, 09:27 PM
forensicsteve
4th Gear Member

comfort and usability
That time has passed...lol

Pic of GS-1 from Jegs. $400 for the pair. No idea what weight saving, but must be lighter than stock with electric motors etc.

Old 06-25-2008, 09:58 AM
Pwny
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: forensicsteve

comfort and usability
That time has passed...lol

Pic of GS-1 from Jegs. $400 for the pair. No idea what weight saving, but must be lighter than stock with electric motors etc.

Those look great! You should definitely weigh them sometime. The rear seat delete you have looks clean as well.

Thanks Steve.

In my opinion, the factory seats are junk for twisties. When I upgraded my suspension, I could barely stay in my seat.