Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

08 Mustang Deluxe vs. Premium

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 01:21 PM
mdg
4th Gear Member

Default RE: 08 Mustang Deluxe vs. Premium

I too have an 07' deluxe, with interior updgrade and GT appearance package. Came with the Shaker 500 as well. Having owned both styles, I prefer the cloth seats to the pleather. Good luck with your search!
Old 06-25-2008, 04:14 PM
fullboogie
2nd Gear Member

I just paid $22,800 for a brand new black on black deluxe. I absolutely love the all-black interior, and leather is not an option for me in the Houston heat. In fact, I love the interior because it reminds me of my old 5.0 LX's. The Premium package just wasn't worth it to me.
Old 06-25-2008, 05:18 PM
tn_gt
3rd Gear Member

i boughtan 08 gtdeluxe with the shaker 500, added leather takeoffs for $254 the leather steering wheel for $140 and changed the shifter **** out to the aluminum one for $25, all i want to do now is do the my color option and thats all i need as far as interior goes
Old 06-25-2008, 08:20 PM
Gene K
5th Gear Member

Some of us prefer the Deluxe.... Prefer the cloth interior and the light weight.
I actually spent a lot of time looking for a 2007 Deluxe with only two options. 3.55 Gears and Rear Spoiler Delete.
I ended up just having to settle for the 3.55 as spoiler delete cars are rare unless they are being shipped to a tuner.

One difference not mentioned yet is you cant get 3.55 on a 2008 Deluxe.

Old 06-25-2008, 10:41 PM
learjet35

Whats the stock differential if you don't have the 3.55 gears? I know the one I am looking at doesn't have the 3.55 rear end in it and was just wondering how much of a difference there was from the stock gears to the upgraded gears. Also, if I have it done, how much will it cost to upgrade the rear end to 3.55?
Old 06-25-2008, 10:52 PM
kpaulhus
4th Gear Member

stock is 3.31
Old 06-26-2008, 02:07 AM
uluafishing

Other things you may want to consider...

With extra "accessories", come the other things you don't see. I worked as a 1st class body man for several years, and even though aesthetically the old Z28 & V8 RS Camaro's looked the same, the Z28's came with more bracing on the front end, a higher output alternator, and other misc small underbody differences (I'm not referring to or including the differences in suspension, brakes,etc...)

With the premium package, there may be additional parts not included on the deluxe model (maybe a higher output alternator to support additional accessories, etc.?)...I don't know if Ford has the same build philosophy as GM (this is the first Blue Oval I've owned), but just suggesting maybe a vehicle with more options/accessories is built to "support" the additional items.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:47 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

ORIGINAL: uluafishing

Other things you may want to consider...

With extra "accessories", come the other things you don't see. I worked as a 1st class body man for several years, and even though aesthetically the old Z28 & V8 RS Camaro's looked the same, the Z28's came with more bracing on the front end, a higher output alternator, and other misc small underbody differences (I'm not referring to or including the differences in suspension, brakes,etc...)

With the premium package, there may be additional parts not included on the deluxe model (maybe a higher output alternator to support additional accessories, etc.?)...I don't know if Ford has the same build philosophy as GM (this is the first Blue Oval I've owned), but just suggesting maybe a vehicle with more options/accessories is built to "support" the additional items.
I highly doubt they have done anything like this.
Old 06-26-2008, 11:07 AM
sp44
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bigdippin

Personally I went with the deluxe. I'm not a fan of leather, especially when it gets real hot here in the summer. And I can spend less money to get a better sound system.
That's what I did. Got a low cost deluxe and added my own stereo and rims. Only options are the IUP and GT package.
Old 06-26-2008, 11:58 AM
rcj2000
3rd Gear Member

i have a deluxe but i have EVERY upgrade except for shaker and leather.....which i didnt want. the leather ford makes is cheap, had it in a previous mustang and i have seen someone with an 06 take great care of the leather and it still shows it wear. looks like it is 8 years old instead of 2. also i take the stereos out of every car i get, and the stock radio is easier to take out than the shaker 500. I have the IUP, GT appreance, 3.55 etc....on a "deluxe" IMO premium is just not worth it. If you pay that extra 4k in upgrades they will be worth 500 bucks 2 years down the road..

Quick Reply: 08 Mustang Deluxe vs. Premium