Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pull the trigger?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 03:36 PM
dschmink
3rd Gear Member

Default Pull the trigger?

I just had a girl I know offer to buy me a Spydershaft or a purebred Doberman when I get back to AZ. She's a client of mine (I'm a personal trainer) and my car and Dobermans are a few of the loves in my life... IF I do the Spydershaft I would have it within the month... I've been doing all my own installs to learn about my car and acually feel like I accomplish something when my car is going fast soo... yea.

Pretty torn but before I tell her to do the shaft, I was wondering how hard is it to install yourself, what tools would I need, expected time for a total mechanical novice (only done my exhaust, oil changes so far), and anything else I would need to know about the install. I have tacobills install guides bookmarked but I want other people's input as well.
Thanks in advance.
Old 06-26-2008, 03:46 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Default RE: Pull the trigger?

ORIGINAL: dschmink

I just had a girl I know offer to buy me a Spydershaft or a purebred Doberman when I get back to AZ. She's a client of mine (I'm a personal trainer) and my car and Dobermans are a few of the loves in my life... IF I do the Spydershaft I would have it within the month... I've been doing all my own installs to learn about my car and acually feel like I accomplish something when my car is going fast soo... yea.

Pretty torn but before I tell her to do the shaft, I was wondering how hard is it to install yourself, what tools would I need, expected time for a total mechanical novice (only done my exhaust, oil changes so far), and anything else I would need to know about the install. I have tacobills install guides bookmarked but I want other people's input as well.
Thanks in advance.
Accepting personal gifts from clients...umm sounds like a recipe for trouble

That or you've got yourself a sugarmomma. Is she a cougar at least?
Old 06-26-2008, 03:59 PM
Z06 Killer
3rd Gear Member

Taco bills is pretty much the Bible for the spydershaft install!

And can I say damned..... you must be a pimp *** trainer or a giggalo to get the ladies to buy you parts!
Old 06-26-2008, 04:06 PM
Pwny
4th Gear Member

I think getting the dog would be better. Sure, taking the car out and putting parts on it to go faster is fun, but its hard to beat the companionship of a dog.
Old 06-26-2008, 04:11 PM
siberian.mist
4th Gear Member

what kind of girl elects to buy a spydershaft... is she a member on here or something.. get a leonberger
Old 06-26-2008, 04:13 PM
dschmink
3rd Gear Member

Well she was a friend before she was a client. And she is a cougar. She's 32 and im 21. And yes, I'm an expert in what I do. Offer long distance consultation for interested parties . I was wondering mroe about the pinion flange switchout. How hard is it? Also, is there a chance of messing up the gear intall and having whine?
Old 06-26-2008, 04:28 PM
Z06 Killer
3rd Gear Member

^ What do you have to do to get a blower? blo-her?
Old 06-26-2008, 04:30 PM
dschmink
3rd Gear Member

HEY! Can I get some straight answers on the install and original questions? What are the chances of me ****ing this up and it taking a lonnngggg time to install? Also, with mods I have to have the loops to get on the track, right?
Old 06-26-2008, 05:07 PM
Lifter583
4th Gear Member

That will teach you to give TOO MUCH INFORMATION! Ya should have just asked about the installation and spared the rest of the story. Now you have to run thegauntlet I am afraid!
Old 06-26-2008, 05:10 PM
gdiesel
1st Gear Member

wish I got offers like that, I just get more questions lol

Quick Reply: Pull the trigger?