Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

oil liek crazy in PCV line.. heres my plan..

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 10:06 PM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

Default RE: oil liek crazy in PCV line.. heres my plan..

I wasn't trying to be a smart Alec at all Bro

As I originally understood your plan, it was essentially fine. Fully cap off the intake junctions, the motor will not, can not run properly with them open. Then run the crank lines to filters and check/clean regularly, you'll be set.

Ithink it started going off the rails at the open/filtered intake suggestion

PCV lines take crank pressure and dump it in the intake along with oil and fumes which ride along etc. Running the crank lines to atmosphere in the motor bay might also make it a bit niffy. You know that musty/oily smell in the engine bay of older muscle cars? That's usually because they run the crank breathers through filters to atmosphere and the fumes start make everything smell.
Old 06-29-2008, 10:10 PM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

i didnt mean to come off strong either.. was i right about the engineer thign tho? lol..

about the smell.. very good point.. i just dont want to dump alot of money into it.. i would loooove a moroso or steffs can.. just dont wanna pay for it, and really dont have the money..

and i always had the intention of capping the inlet at the manifold off.. thanks for the suggestions/help tho

Old 06-29-2008, 10:51 PM
Dragon Stang
2nd Gear Member

Of course, you have already considered that you are messing with an emission control system right? I don't know about where you drive, but in a lot of places, that could mean a rather large fine if subjected to an inspection.

Just a thought...
Old 06-29-2008, 10:57 PM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

good point.. but im in fla.. and say.. FCK EMISSIONS!!!!!!! i dont give a flyign fck... (not towards you)
Old 06-29-2008, 11:06 PM
Dragon Stang
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GTstangB.F.D.M.

good point.. but im in fla.. and say.. FCK EMISSIONS!!!!!!! i dont give a flyign fck... (not towards you)
Excellent. I don't have to deal with that crap here in Michigan either, but, if I was living "Back in the old country" (Ontario Canada) I would be up shiza creek every two years unless I put things back as they were before the manditory (Gestopo) guilty until proven innocent inspection crap they practice up there. LOL
Old 06-29-2008, 11:25 PM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

thats so gay.. they used to have those here in fla.. and did away with them.. which was awesome!!!!!!.. but im affraid they may bring it back soon

but seriously.. Who the fck cares?.. i heard some **** like, they stopped makin or are goind to stop making 2 strokes because of emmissions.. fckkkk offff.. come on...
Old 06-29-2008, 11:38 PM
Dragon Stang
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GTstangB.F.D.M.

thats so gay.. they used to have those here in fla.. and did away with them.. which was awesome!!!!!!.. but im affraid they may bring it back soon

but seriously.. Who the fck cares?.. i heard some **** like, they stopped makin or are goind to stop making 2 strokes because of emmissions.. fckkkk offff.. come on...
Its true. On top of that, there is the global warming, the enviroment, the cost of oil, dependence on offshore oil and the terrorists it seems to breed and finance. Feel very, very fortunate to be able to experience the cars we have today while we can. I figure one day, you will have plenty of great stories to tell your grandchildren about these "fire breathing dragons with internal combustion engines" that grampa used to own and drive.
Old 06-30-2008, 12:42 AM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pcv_valve
Old 06-30-2008, 10:30 AM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

ok?
Old 06-30-2008, 02:10 PM
MTAS
2nd Gear Member

Installing an oil separator is a great idea. You want the fumes ventilated to the intake, but not the oil.

http://www.s 1 9 7 f o r u m . c o m/forum/showthread.php?t=594

Quick Reply: oil liek crazy in PCV line.. heres my plan..