Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Couple issues 05 stang

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 12:37 PM
bhaz413
1st Gear Member

Default Couple issues 05 stang

Hey all I have a few questions maybe you can help me with. I have a 2005 v6 stang.

1) Some times when I slow down, the breaks squeek a little, if I let up and press down again, it goes away. Pads have plenty left and the breaking feels fine, but the squeel is annoying. Ive tried washing the wheel area thinking it is dust, but that doesnt resolve the problem.

2) Ac doesnt feel as strong as it used too. Can I recharge it my self? Is it hard?

3) When turning a corner slow, I hear a squeek on and off on and off on and off over and over again, almost like a chirping.

4) Over the weekend I was pumping gas while the car was running and AC was on. Mind you, maybe it is against the law, but at 115 degree's I will take the fine lol. So anyhow, it happened twice where the call stalled out while pumping. Whats up with that?

Anyone who can answering what I am hearing or how to recharge my ac will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone!
Old 06-30-2008, 12:45 PM
BeachBlv
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Couple issues 05 stang

lol i don't know, but i wouldn't leave the car on while pumping gas. I would rather be hot, than get exploded. maybe the gas being pumped into the tank is disrupting the supply to the pump stalling the engine.
Old 06-30-2008, 12:49 PM
sk8r4life2112

the ac's quite easy. you can do one of two things. the first is prob the easiest and head to the nearest auto parts store and get some 134 refrigerant, the one with the guage is going to be the easiest since it tells you how much more you need to add. The bigger bottles cost around 20 something dollars and should fill it up and seal any tiny leaks if you have any. The second thing you could do if you have or know anyone who has the old school guages and hook them up to your high and low side and add the refrigerant that way, however your going to have to know the psi on the high and low side that way you dont overfill it.
Old 06-30-2008, 01:01 PM
bhaz413
1st Gear Member

Never thought of that, but it makes sense with the way our gas tanks are designed. Oh yeah, I was having the fill up issues too, with the pump stopping. Never had it before, but read it happens often on our older ones. The trick with putting the pump upside down worked!

ORIGINAL: BeachBlv

lol i don't know, but i wouldn't leave the car on while pumping gas. I would rather be hot, than get exploded. maybe the gas being pumped into the tank is disrupting the supply to the pump stalling the engine.
Old 06-30-2008, 01:02 PM
bhaz413
1st Gear Member

Do you know any sources on the internet on how to do this? DIY? Mainly because I want to get the pressure in the lines and not over fill it.

ORIGINAL: sk8r4life2112

the ac's quite easy. you can do one of two things. the first is prob the easiest and head to the nearest auto parts store and get some 134 refrigerant, the one with the guage is going to be the easiest since it tells you how much more you need to add. The bigger bottles cost around 20 something dollars and should fill it up and seal any tiny leaks if you have any. The second thing you could do if you have or know anyone who has the old school guages and hook them up to your high and low side and add the refrigerant that way, however your going to have to know the psi on the high and low side that way you dont overfill it.
Old 06-30-2008, 01:16 PM
sk8r4life2112

If you can head to an auto parts store and ask one of the workers to check in the computer they should be able to tell you, i work at advanced auto parts and we have the specs on how much refrigerant one must add to the car to get a total fill. Just make sure you find the low side to add the refrigerant too, while the car is running. Your ac system is under vacume and without the car running your system isnt going to give you a proper reading

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?p=7532534

but i was able to find that ^^, if you read that it should help you out
Old 06-30-2008, 02:07 PM
sailing220
4th Gear Member

Don't run your car while filling the tank. There's a reason the signs around the pumps say "make sure your engine is shut off before you begin refueling the vehicle."
Old 06-30-2008, 03:30 PM
SCCAGT
3rd Gear Member

For your brakes, sometimes metal particles in the pads hit the rotor at just the right angle and can cause a squeak sound. It MAY go away in time. It may not. You can also find some anti-squeal stuff at a parts store. It is essentially high temp silicon to put between the caliper and the pad backing plate. The squeaking while turning and coming to a stop are from the same source.

For your A/C: You said 115 degrees?! Damn! Understand that the a/c system works like the engines cooling system. It has a radiator, but it is called a condensor instead. The hotter it is outside, means the air coming out of the vents is going to be warmer. No way to change physics. Using 115 degree air to cool something off, wether its the engine or A/C, its not going to take away as much heat as 80 degree air. So your a/c may be just fine.
The "cans" at parts stores are not very accurate. They do NOT tell you how much is in the system. They only read the pressure. A system that is not empty, yet not full either, will still show proper pressure. If you run your engine 1 qt low does your oil pressure gauge tell you? No. Same for A/C. Nothing can beat a proper and correct evacuation and recharge thata shop does. This method also removes any moisture that has developed in the system. Moisture lowers an a/c systems effectiveness. Also, the correct amount of freon, to the ounce, will be put in.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:48 AM
Leoleo
3rd Gear Member

Also check you engine belt. The one for the power steering pump. I think the V6 only has one belt. Check for any wear or "bad" spots. If needed replace.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:06 AM
torque_is_good
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BeachBlv

FWIW, gasoline vapor is what "explodes", not the fuel. Gasoline vapor is heavier than air so naturally collects in low areas. Anyone who is a boater with an inboard engine powered by gasoline understands the importance of inspecting fuel lines in the bilge and running bilge blowers. As for autos. It's just good safety practice to shut off the engine while fueling but not because you will blow up. There would need to be a high concentration of vapor and an ignitor to cause the flashback. All newer cars and fuel filling stations are designed for vapor recovery to reduce the amount of vapor introduced into the atmosphere.

As an aside, if you know what a molotov cocktail is then you know that they don't explode, they just burn.