Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CHECK OUT MY ENGINE BAY!!!.. just got done with the Throttle body and Manifold..

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 09:02 PM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

Default CHECK OUT MY ENGINE BAY!!!.. just got done with the Throttle body and Manifold..

hey guys..

made a post yesterday about the oil in the pcv line.. so i wanted to clean my TB and intake manifold.. unreal how much oil i wiped up..

anyways.. about the fix, what im doing is splicing in a Glass Fuel Filter housing from Mr. Gasket.. same conect and idea as the oil/air seperators... but about $60 cheaper..

gunna try it out and the good thing, is that it keep the pressure and vac all the same bc its still all hooked up..

but anyways.. about the intake manifold and TB.. since i had em off.. i decided to go ahead and paint em too..

heres a few pics.. total time was about 4 hours work.. started at 5:30 ish, got done just now at 9:30.. not too bad.. i kina rushed it tho.. but came out pretty decent..

first time really taking a big chunk of the motor off.. went smooth and had ZERO problems.. fuel rails, lines, all that stuff came off with no prob, and was basically just a unbolt, bolt, unplug and plug type deal.. not too bad IMO.. and reallllly clean things up..

now im just not sure what i want to do with the valve covers next.. dunno if i should take them off and either polish em up real good, or paint em red as well.. but i dont want too much red in there..

also, with the red manifold.. it reminded me of a 427, or vette or something.. lol.. niceeee

but please tell me what you think, and what i need under there.. i know i need caps.. but am having a hard time dishing out 250-300 for 5 freakin fill caps..

heres the pics.. during and after

hope you guys like it.. im pretty pleased!

-GTstang

Old 06-30-2008, 09:11 PM
snicksrolos
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: CHECK OUT MY ENGINE BAY!!!.. just got done with the Throttle body and Manifold..

Holy red Batman!

I like it dude, what else can you paint in there?
Old 06-30-2008, 09:11 PM
kingdong6515
1st Gear Member

Default RE: CHECK OUT MY ENGINE BAY!!!.. just got done with the Throttle body and Manifold..

Looks really good. Like the red and the idea to paint the upper intake - don't see that much. Thumbs up from me.
Old 06-30-2008, 09:18 PM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: snicksrolos

Holy red Batman!

I like it dude, what else can you paint in there?

.... theres only three things painted lol..

and kingdong - thanks man.. ya i just realized i havnt seen too many other with that painted..
Old 06-30-2008, 09:37 PM
Vertigo
3rd Gear Member

Looks good, now just get some chrome valve covers. I had mine done in met. silver like my stripes.

Old 06-30-2008, 09:43 PM
pat123
3rd Gear Member

That looks great! How long did it take you to do and how much troble was it?
Old 06-30-2008, 10:06 PM
PennState
6th Gear Member

looks awesome..
Old 06-30-2008, 10:10 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Hats off for being a do it yourself-er.......unfortunately it does show how inadequate Ford was with the Cam Covers.......

Where did you get the silicone couplings for your air intake? I need to get some black ones....

Grats,
Mike
Old 06-30-2008, 10:12 PM
Black3vGT
4th Gear Member

Looks awesome, I know you polished your valve covers but they'd look awesome painted too.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:15 PM
06roushv6
2nd Gear Member

looks real good, nice job!

Quick Reply: CHECK OUT MY ENGINE BAY!!!.. just got done with the Throttle body and Manifold..