Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Borla cat-back stingers with mid pipe good?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 11:28 AM
Violator187
2nd Gear Member

Default Borla cat-back stingers with mid pipe good?

Hi, I've been reading the forums on here everyday since i got my 2008 mustang gt about a month ago and i've learned ALOT.. You guys are great! I know how alot of people on here like the stingers but on this site you can get the borla midpipes with it too and it says it will go onto the stock h pipe fine... but will the midpipe make any real difference in the sound or the deepness of the sound? i want a nice roar and i will probobly be getting a decent h pipe sometime soon but any help will be appreciated! heres the site with the stuff http://www.ninosport.com/Borla-Cat-b...p;category=870

[IMG]local://upfiles/99424/07B7CE068C534DD0AE210A503AD4E44A.jpg[/IMG]
Old 07-08-2008, 11:36 AM
Z06 Killer
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Borla cat-back stingers with mid pipe good?

Well I have the mid pipes as well, Don't know if they did anything as they have been on since day one of ownership
Old 07-08-2008, 11:49 AM
Violator187
2nd Gear Member

Yea I just got an sct 2 tuner and i'm just really trying to decide on something that sounds pretty loud but not obnoxious... Then onto the MGW shifter and then cervini exterior... [sm=pimp.gif] One day....
Old 07-08-2008, 11:58 AM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

thecat backs arent any better performance wise than the axle backs, but they probly look nicer.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:26 PM
Dragon Stang
2nd Gear Member

I am looking at these right now.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-06...spagenameZWDVW

Seems like a good price for axle backs.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:57 PM
smokestang
3rd Gear Member

Violator187, Borla stingers are an excellent choice! FWIW youd be better off just getting the axleback and save some$$. as far as a mid pipe.. if you dont want to be obnoxious loudget one with cats! MRT makes a cattedH-pipie ,as well you could always get a prochamber or H and install hi-flow cats.It will still be muchlouder than stock but not obnoxious at all! congrats on your new 08 and welcome to the forum
Old 07-08-2008, 01:44 PM
Violator187
2nd Gear Member

Thank you for the help! You guys answer quick! But about the midpipe that comes with the borla exhaust. I heard the stock midpipe is restrictive because of the bends in it.. So i thought getting the pipe too would be nice... As for the x-pipe or h-pipe is there good quality ones that i can get without cats that i would be able to switch out for the stock one or put cats on themwhen the smog test comes? I read about the bassani one but i wasnt shure about it... I just want to be able to swap out when i need to. Also i heard the off road x and h pipes are really loud so i'm not shure... I want it to sound MEAN![sm=badbadbad.gif] but not obnoxious lol
Old 07-08-2008, 03:42 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

switching out the midpipe for inspection would be your safest bet. the stock overaxle pipe after the midpipe is pretty good stock, but looking under my car that is the only stock pipe left and it is kinda dirty compared to the rest of my exhaust. bassani o/r mid pipes are good but expensive. other brands may be cheaper.
Old 07-08-2008, 04:09 PM
Violator187
2nd Gear Member

Ok gotcha. So if i install the offroad x or h pipe do i have to get a tune? and is my car gonna pop up with any errors in the system? i know i have to get the attachment that makes it not throw the o2 error but anything besides that? or am i good to go? Thanks for all the help
Old 07-08-2008, 04:13 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

w/ the o/r mid pipe you will need to turn off your rear O2 sensors with a tuner or you will get a CEL bc of no cats. where you gonna order from, you can order the tuner same time as the midpipe and get the tune for the rear O2's turned off. that would sound mean but not obnoxious. i really dont think there is such a thing as too loud.

Quick Reply: Borla cat-back stingers with mid pipe good?