Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tidwell Ford has a new GT

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 01:17 AM
FuzzyRag
1st Gear Member

Default Tidwell Ford has a new GT

Read topic, Tidwell Ford near barret parkway is listed as having a new 5spd GT convertible, mineral grey.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:23 PM
gt6974a
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Tidwell Ford has a new GT

yeah I'm trying to order an 06 hard top from them. Seems to be quite a few vert's available. When they come in they also seem to stay on the lot longer.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:29 PM
Bullitt79
1st Gear Member

they charging a "a market adjustment" cost to it?
Old 05-06-2005, 05:40 PM
gt6974a
1st Gear Member

Don't know, going in next week
Old 05-06-2005, 07:06 PM
FuzzyRag
1st Gear Member

last I heard they didn't, but I've not really talked to them since they told me I couldn't afford a GT and I should look at the v6...this was before they found out my down payment & trade in.
Old 05-06-2005, 11:28 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

That pretty much sounds like the standard dealership pitch these days. The GTs sell themselves (at least for now), but the sixxers don't. They initially try to divert as many sales as they can to sixxers. Here are a couple of other lines I was told when I was looking: "The six is just as fast as the GT". Right! I guess they don't drive their own products. "The insurance on the six is much cheaper, the GT is classified as a sports car and the six isn't." Huh? At least in my case the insurance cost difference between the two was insignificant. One of my favorite lines was an eBay ad for a six: "Most people don't realize that Ford actually developed the exhaust note of the six to sound better than the GT." LOL! Truth in advertising!
Old 05-07-2005, 12:29 AM
Bullitt79
1st Gear Member

Guess I should go down there and talk a little ****, I've bought 4 cars from them already. You would think they would cut me some slack.... [sm=proof.gif] ...probably not
Old 05-09-2005, 11:31 PM
gt6974a
1st Gear Member

Get this BS. I went in there today (Tidwell) to place an order on a 06 GT. The guy I talked to wasn't there but I've been talking back and forth with him for about 2 months on GT's they have in stock. He said they would honor the X-Plan. Well, they haven't had one I wanted so I was going to order one.

So since the guy isn't there I ask to speak to the sales manager whom the first guy said I would have to talk to anyway when dealing with an x-plan. The guy I asked said they're not selling X-plans but goes and ask anyway since I told him what I was told. So he comes back and says they aren't selling any GT's for X-Plan or any other plan.

So, I go outside b/c they have a Black GT, fully loaded with the red interior. We go out to look at it and are just bull ****ting b/c I already told them I'm going to the other Dealer to order it then. He tells me the story on this GT. Basically, the guy who ordered it had supposidly promised to pay $35K for it. When it came in, he only wanted to pay MSRP so the sales manager gave him his money and told him to leave. Apparently no contract had been signed. Anyway this guy tells me they only get an allotment of 25 a year and they're looking to get $5K above MSRP. I think this may be bull **** b/c he also thought the Shelby was going to only have 350hp. I just laughed and told him otherwise. He didn't even know the ball park price of $40K.

Second time we've been screwed by them. I'm not even going to bother anymore. My dad tried to buy a f-250 about 6 months ago and they sold the damn thing the day he went to pick it up.
Old 05-10-2005, 12:16 AM
Bullitt79
1st Gear Member

Hey gt697a, If you run up on a decent Ford dealer to do business with let me know. I have decided that I will not be buying anymore cars from them.
Old 05-10-2005, 12:32 AM
FuzzyRag
1st Gear Member

Gene Evans Ford of Union City was going to sell me a Mustang GT at the X-Plan, but I couldn't get them to give me enough for my trade in to buy it, plus it wasn't equipped like I wanted it to be. = /

edit: The sales rep Mr. Doy Cole is awesome.

Quick Reply: Tidwell Ford has a new GT