Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

People are such Jerks!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 01:54 PM
frodaddi
1st Gear Member

Default RE: People are such Jerks!!!!

ORIGINAL: red07gt

Took my kids to Busch Gardens yesterday. As we were leaving, I noticed that some jackass in a minivan had opened their back drivers-side door and slammed it into the passender side of the stang.
One thing to consider though, is that the back doors on minivans don't swing open like car doors, they slide open. So if it was a minivan parked next to you andthe dentwas in the area of the back door, maybe the van wasn't the culprit. Could it be that someone else in a sedan or SUV was parked there before and left, then the van pulled in later? If so, this would also explain why you didn't find any of your paint on the van's door.

Kevin.
Old 07-14-2008, 02:21 PM
Lifter583
4th Gear Member

I make sure I use every precaution in the world to keep my car out of other people's reach. Ifsomeone decides to F*** with it, I assure you I wont take any "high road". I will show them what 27 yrs of bodybuilding and apissed offattitudecan do for them!
Old 07-14-2008, 02:30 PM
SatinSilverStang
2nd Gear Member

F.O.P. sticker or a hard metal or plastic badge?

stickers are pretty much pointless,
any fool can get there hands on them as the stickers were older F.O.P. tags they handed out and F.O.P. donation tags,
looked pretty damn similar.

now the actual badge-like ones have some more meaning to them since they are serialized and are for officers and their family only
i have one on the driver-side lower corner on the rear window
Old 07-14-2008, 02:37 PM
Back N Black
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SANANTONIO06GT

No I am no ghetto thug. I guessing you would be the tough guy who parks all on top someone?? I know I am in the wrong for doing what I did back then, but after all the time and effort you put in something, for it to get ruined by someone who doesnt care?? Please I am sure there are plenty of other people who would do the same thing. I am not like you, I am not going to let someone get away with doing something like that. The lot was empty!!!! could of parked anywhere,I know they did it on purpose. And if you think you have what it takes, then please by all means, JUMP!

p.s lived in Va Beach for 8 years, been to Richmond plenty of times....you would be the one who knows about GHETTO!
Wow you're tough.

You're such a great example for your children. "here kids, watch daddy get revenge."

You don't know they did it on purpose you moron unless you spoke to the person. Maybe the other person is an idiot, or having a bad day and their mind isn't on giving your mustang space.

Please don't call people out for doing the right thing and not retalliating. I love my car but it's just that, a car.
Old 07-14-2008, 02:40 PM
RHuckster
2nd Gear Member

OK, so why didn't you contact the local police & file an accident report if it was obvious they dinged/dented your car? Your as bad or worst than the person that dented your car. Hopefully you do it again & someone kicks your LAME ***.

Rick
Old 07-14-2008, 03:10 PM
SANANTONIO06GT
2nd Gear Member

You think the police is going to come out for door ding on a Sunday morning in San Antonio??A police report usually doesnt get written unless its more than a grand. Someone ripped off a side mirror at a grocery store last year, call the cops and they said, if its not more than a$1000 in damage, then they wont come out.Like someone else said, it would probably more trouble than its worth to call the policeor file a claim. And I dont think I am the only one in here that would have done what I did. Oh well, its done. The ones who keep whining, keep whining about it, its not phasing me. 1 time 8 years ago, and yes I know it was deliberate. Tell me if you saw someone jacking with you car, your going to stand there, watching them, saying please stop?? and when they leave, get their plates?? YEAH RIGHT! Its your property, your paying for it, yeah its just a car, but its a car that yours and your paying for it.Someone breaks into your house and takes your crap, its alright too?? Its just your belongings right? It all can be replaced. Most of you are on the "high road" bandwagon, trying to be modest. DONE!
Old 07-14-2008, 03:21 PM
SCCAGT
3rd Gear Member

I dont like to get involved with pissing matches, but,sanantonio06GT did say it was back sometime ago. We've all done things early on and regret them,and/or wish things would have been done differently.He did say he probably wouldnt do it the same way if it were to happen again. I lost my temper with someone in the same situation. I leftmore than a nice footprint on the door.This was onmy Caravan, and I just had a feeling where it was that something would be messed up when I came out. It was and I reacted out of anger, pissed at themAND pissed at myself for not preventing it from happening in the first place (ie,park somewhere else).Even though its just a minivan, its still mine and I take care of it. Looks damn good for mileage/age. I know expecting the same courtesy from everyone is too much, thats what makes what he did gratifying for just that short moment. Because you are hoping to teach some thoughtless douchbag to respect others property. Then afterwards, guilt would kick in, and your left feeling just as low and disrespectful as them.

Someone may bash me because, yes, I did the same thing in return. Just understand YOU could also do/have done something similar. Not referring to just cars.

The Mustang doesnt get taken to possible trouble spots. I wont go to a movies, or malls with it.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:44 PM
FyouGitive
3rd Gear Member

I guess by now y'all know about the guy who came back to his car and found a door ding and a carefully folded note on the windshield. He felt some relief until he opened the note and read, "The people watching me write this note probably think I'm leaving my name and number."

I have a "pocket" digital camera I always carry. When I must park in an unprotected place, I snap a picture of the cars next to me, and of both sides of the car where it might get dinged by doors. Never needed to use the photos yet, but it's cost-free, and not that inconvenient, relative to the potential value.

ORIGINAL: Back N Black

ORIGINAL: SANANTONIO06GT

No I am no ghetto thug. ... And if you think you have what it takes, then please by all means, JUMP!
Wow you're tough.

You're such a great example for your children. "here kids, watch daddy get revenge."

You don't know they did it on purpose you moron unless you spoke to the person. Maybe the other person is an idiot, or having a bad day and their mind isn't on giving your mustang space.

Please don't call people out for doing the right thing and not retalliating. I love my car but it's just that, a car.
Relax, BnB; Sr SANANTONE is not going to change his behavior because of anything anyone says. His type has to be caught in the act and dealt with immediately. It's what he learned from his mommy and daddy, and what he's teaching his childrent. Fortunately for the rest of us, he and others like him have a drive to be caught and punished; why else would he and others like him admit in a public forum, to having committed criminal acts and harboring sociopathic ideas?

ORIGINAL: SatinSilverStang

F.O.P. sticker or a hard metal or plastic badge?

stickers are pretty much pointless,
any fool can get there hands on them as the stickers were older F.O.P. tags they handed out and F.O.P. donation tags,
looked pretty damn similar.

now the actual badge-like ones have some more meaning to them since they are serialized and are for officers and their family only
i have one on the driver-side lower corner on the rear window
I was never clear on what a sticker or a badge-like sticker was good for. Is it so when a peace officer sees a driver doing illegal things, he can save himself the trouble of making a stop and discovering a fellow peace officer is the perpetrator? If that is what they are good for, don't you think it's a little hypocritical to stick a sticker or a badge-like sticker or other Fraternal Sign in the window?

In California the DMV has a form to be filled out by a Peace Officer (as defined in the Penal Code). It includes identifying information about the officer, his agency, and the license numbers of his personal vehicles. Actually, I don't know if DMV still offers this service, as I've been retired for a while, and California law has been modified to improve protection of personal information when sought by vehicle license number. Several years ago it made sense to prevent random citizens from getting an officer's home address by asking the DMV; still makes sense, but I believe the new legislation now requires steps that serve the same purpose.

What the DMV form used to do was initiate a confirmation process, and mark the license's information with a code, so the source records indicated personal information was not available by means of a simple check. When a patrol officer would "run a license", he could tell the car was registered to a peace officer (or family member), which had the same or similar effect as a serialized sticker in the window.

Underlying DMV's process was a desire to protect officers and family members from someone who might have reason to want to harm them. I don't see a similar motive for a window sticker.

I admit my badge made a difference in a couple of pissant 5-over stops, but I never actually offered it or my position as currency in a negotiation. In both cases the officer saw the badge when I took out my driver license, told me he made the stop because there was traffic around, and the other drivers would have thought he was not doing his job if he ignored my mild violation. "Drive carefully".

I stopped carrying the badge off-duty, when a bunch of LA hoods did a "get down" robbery in a bar, took all the wallets, and shot dead the ones who had badges or agency IDs. Small sacrifice, my view, leaving the badge out of the equation.

Old 07-14-2008, 04:02 PM
chain1
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FyouGitive

I have a "pocket" digital camera I always carry. When I must park in an unprotected place, I snap a picture of the cars next to me, and of both sides of the car where it might get dinged by doors. Never needed to use the photos yet, but it's cost-free, and not that inconvenient, relative to the potential value.
Am I the only one that finds that kind of sad? Also, what will you do with the pictures if there is a ding? Police have better things to do than review pictures of cars that may or may not have dinged another cars door!!
lol
Old 07-14-2008, 04:07 PM
SatinSilverStang
2nd Gear Member

why i have a F.O.P. badge on my window is simply because my Grandfather was Cheif of Police before passing away.
That badge and when my police memorial edition license plates come is more to show my support for law officers

Quick Reply: People are such Jerks!!!!