Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang GT Venom??

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 03:42 PM
Virgule
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Mustang GT Venom??

Get yourself a bone stock GT and mod it yourself. That is the fun appeal of the hot rodding hobby - DIY. That's the designer label of MY Mustang GT - a Mustang DIY, much rarer than a Mustang Venom. In fact, there is only one like it.
Old 07-14-2008, 04:09 PM
Razar

Steve O chap: Good points.....plus when I think about it I can't be selfish and go "all out" and get the GT500, having a wife and kids. Money could get tight on occasion with the total cost of ownership of a GT500. I would be happy with anything in between a GT and a GT500. I do like the Bullitt, just not the green (i need to see one in person), and Black in Texas is HOT.

Virgule: I understand where your coming from. I however would rather purchase a car not for it's potential but for it's noteworthy attributes off the showroom floor. That's what makes a legend, not my wrench. Besides, you haven't met my wife lol, she's also a stickler not for potential.
Old 07-14-2008, 04:16 PM
alloutt
4th Gear Member

beside the fact it takes twice the price of the car to make a normal gt fast
Old 07-14-2008, 04:26 PM
jag25
1st Gear Member

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]
Old 07-14-2008, 04:42 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

as a current owner of a gt500 and a previous owner of a 05 gt that I modded the stuffing out of.I can tell you it was fun as heck owning the gt and modding it like crazy...my gt500, because of the starting price, every little mod I sit an think about carefully....then ususally end up NOT doing it...if you are looking to mod the heck out of it (Looks wise and or performance wise) then a gt is a great great choice...my gt500 will get very limited mods (Albeit the mod list for a gt500 is pretty impressive as well...it gets too pricey) I just dont want ot mod my gt500..get the gt and enjoy the heck out of it...forget the venom etc....I do liket the gt/cs as well, sharp car...I am not a fan of the bullitt at all....but thats just me....
Old 07-14-2008, 05:08 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

The Venom's do exist. I know someone who had one. It was red with white stripes and it had an aftermarket front fascia with some kind of rear on it as well. It was like 3 years ago so I don't remember all the details BUT they do exist and even have custom stitched seats. Very nice car but I wouldnt consider it a specialty GT
Old 07-15-2008, 08:31 AM
Razar

well at least I'm not the only one who's seen one lol. 06Saleen3V....what part of the country do you live in? I'm curious where you saw the Venom. I live near Houston, Texas and I'm positive she bought it locally.

Before I decide on what I'm gonna do I really must visit with a few dealerships and look around. Just about every Ford dealer here has at least 2 or more GT500's, and last time I looked around I saw some Rousch's as well. I need to see what they may or may not be willing to do for a Ford employee discount. One thing is for sure though, I'm not looking to m0d the crap outta a GT. I'd very much rather get something above a GT worth drooling at on it's own.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:47 AM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Razar

well at least I'm not the only one who's seen one lol. 06Saleen3V....what part of the country do you live in? I'm curious where you saw the Venom. I live near Houston, Texas and I'm positive she bought it locally.

Before I decide on what I'm gonna do I really must visit with a few dealerships and look around. Just about every Ford dealer here has at least 2 or more GT500's, and last time I looked around I saw some Rousch's as well. I need to see what they may or may not be willing to do for a Ford employee discount. One thing is for sure though, I'm not looking to m0d the crap outta a GT. I'd very much rather get something above a GT worth drooling at on it's own.
then consider getting a gt500...as you say the dealers all have 2 of each etc...should be no problem at all getting at msrp or even a little below...to me if you are going to go rousch...then try and find a dealer who has a few on their lot and are willing to sell under sticker...a dealer here in fla is willing to do that and often offers rousch specials, I am sure you have the same there.....look at finding a shelby gt......those are even more rare to be seen than some of the other models....good luck to you,,,remember to post pics when you decide...
Old 07-15-2008, 09:14 AM
cavediver
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: alloutt

Your saying it takes an additional $25,000 to $30,000 to make a GT fast? I sure don't know where you do you shopping for performance parts or what you consider fast. You can make an already fast stockGT much faster for less than $1,000 and crazy fast for less than $5,000.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:21 AM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cavediver

ORIGINAL: alloutt

Your saying it takes an additional $25,000 to $30,000 to make a GT fast? I sure don't know where you do you shopping for performance parts or what you consider fast. You can make an already fast stockGT much faster for less than $1,000 and crazy fast for less than $5,000.
+1
alloutt, you may want to research that a little better...including my car purchase price on an 05 gt premium with 4k miles about 2-3 years ago....I was able to build a pretty fast car that was show ready for about 30k (again inc purchase price) my mods were close to 10k....to get a car that had 422rwhp and 416 torque....thats not twice the price of the car by any means..

Quick Reply: Mustang GT Venom??