Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Time at the Track

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 07:46 AM
jcthomas
1st Gear Member

Default First Time at the Track

Last weekend I went to GingerMan Raceway (South Haven, MI) for the Track Guys Ford Fest sponsored by the SVT Owners Association to run my Mustang on the open track. All kinds of fast Mustangs! I had a blast!

There were four groups of cars (beginner/novice, intermediate, advanced, and instructer). I recevied class room training and had my own instructor to ride in my car. Over two days, I had several hours of track time.

The morning of the first day, it rained like crazy. We ran in the rain, and it was fun! Sunday, the weather was perfect. I did very well!

Here's some pics (my car is number 108): http://picasaweb.google.com/joscthom...acewayJuly2008
Old 07-19-2008, 07:58 AM
jcthomas
1st Gear Member

Default RE: First Time at the Track

If you check out the pics, you'll see my Mustang being loaded onto a tow truck.

On the way home Sunday afternoon on I94, the engine just quit. It was a good think that I left my numbers on the windows. Several of the racers that were at GingerMan saw me and stopped to see if they could help, including Mike (my instructor) and Scott Hoag of Mustang Racing Technologies (MRT).

Scott Hoag took his race car all the way home (over an hour drive), dropped it off, and returned to load up my Mustang. Wow! That was totally unexpected, and I am impressed by the Mustang community over that whole weekend as one and all were helpful and friendly. Scott, my instructor Mike, as well as other instructors were giving rides in their cars, offering driving tips, lending tools, etc.

Anyway, MRT determined the problem was my fuel level sensor on the float in the fuel tank got all tangled up in the hoses. My fuel gauge said a half a tank, but I actually ran out of gas!

I trashed my rear brakes. I was surprised that my rear brakes wore out before my front ones. I'm getting new rotors, pads, and stainless steel brake lines all the way around. Yep, MRT is doing the work!
Old 07-19-2008, 11:01 AM
Krazyray
1st Gear Member

Default RE: First Time at the Track

[sm=icon_rock.gif] sounds like it was a blast. that was cool of those guys.