Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Changing interior color (complete) Is it doable?

Old 07-19-2008, 02:23 PM
ReaperGT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Changing interior color (complete) Is it doable?

believe it or not, when i was looking at a mustang to buy. I found this dark alloy stang with a red interior. After looking around it for a while and everything the dealer was like "so how do you like it" I respond "Its nice but im not crazy about the red on the inside the black would look so much better" So he goes inside the dealership, talks to his boss and comes out and goes. "If you buy this car we will switch out this interior to a black one" I was shocked. I think the only reason he woulda done it is because it was like the last day before counts or whatever they do at the end of their selling month. But needless to say I didnt buy it anyways cause it was an auto
Old 07-19-2008, 02:28 PM
rcj2000
3rd Gear Member

before i bought this torch red with black interior i was looking at a torch red with red interior...it was just too much red. I do like the way they put teh red under the door handle but the seats were WAY too much
Old 07-19-2008, 02:30 PM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

FYI ... Corvettes, Ferrari's and Porsche are all available yellow with Red interior from Factory..... However, I put the red seats in mine after I bought it ....

Old 07-19-2008, 02:38 PM
Nighthawk2008
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dmhines

FYI ... Corvettes, Ferrari's and Porsche are all available yellow with Red interior from Factory..... However, I put the red seats in mine after I bought it ....

So what your saying is....people with money have bad taste too? LOL

Just messing with ya bro, I actually like red interior. I had a 76 vette with red interior and always got complements on it.
Old 07-19-2008, 02:40 PM
rcj2000
3rd Gear Member

just because ferriari or a corvette has doesnt mean its cool....lol still looks like crap, even on the ferrari and corvette. yellow and red just dont go together IMO. but if it floats your boat. no need to justify it with me by showing me a ferrari and a porshe, because it looks just as bad on those cars as it does on yours. but again that MY opinion
Old 07-19-2008, 02:41 PM
rcj2000
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nighthawk2008

Just messing with ya bro, I actually like red interior. I had a 76 vette with red interior and always got complements on it.
+1 lol people with money have bad tatse also. and i have no problem with red interior, like i said i almost bought it. I think it looks nice, in a red or black car but not any where near a YELLOW car
Old 07-19-2008, 03:43 PM
artmx47
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rcj2000

ORIGINAL: Nighthawk2008

+1 lol people with money have bad tatse also. and i have no problem with red interior, like i said i almost bought it. I think it looks nice, in a red or black car but not any where near a YELLOW car

HAHAHAHA SOO TRUE!!
Old 07-19-2008, 04:12 PM
07torchredgt
2nd Gear Member

Not trying to start an E fight here .. But We usually respect other peoples Mustangs here...(except the off topic section lol) Obviously this is a forum, and everyone is encouraged to voice their own opinion, but telling someone their car looks like crap and ridiculing it based on factory color choice, comes off as bashing, rather than voicing opinion...

BTW dmhines , I think your car looks great. One suggestion though , why dont you get some red piping from mr mikes, and do around the door panels, and then to finish it off get some black floor mats with gt written in red. I like the yellow\red combo, but I think it would look great if the red seats blended with the charcoal interior a little better. It would stick out less and look more expensive too. Just my honest opinion, and a suggestion for a cheap and easy mod that I think would set the car off.

Old 07-19-2008, 04:29 PM
rcj2000
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07torchredgt

Not trying to start an E fight here .. But We usually respect other peoples Mustangs here...(except the off topic section lol) Obviously this is a forum, and everyone is encouraged to voice their own opinion, but telling someone their car looks like crap and ridiculing it based on factory color choice, comes off as bashing, rather than voicing opinion...

BTW dmhines , I think your car looks great. One suggestion though , why dont you get some red piping from mr mikes, and do around the door panels, and then to finish it off get some black floor mats with gt written in red. I like the yellow\red combo, but I think it would look great if the red seats blended with the charcoal interior a little better. It would stick out less and look more expensive too. Just my honest opinion, and a suggestion for a cheap and easy mod that I think would set the car off.

so its bashing if i give my opionion??? after everything i said IMO. and to each his own. I never bashed him as a person, all isaid was that the color combo looked like crap IMO....key words IN MY OPINION!
Old 07-19-2008, 04:50 PM
Black3vGT
4th Gear Member

You should be able to have almost everything painted, since most of the interior is plastic. The doors, the upper and lower console parts and the rear panels. You'd still need to buy a new headliner, seats and steering wheel though.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Changing interior color (complete) Is it doable?