Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Changing interior color (complete) Is it doable?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 05:19 PM
ikona

Default RE: Changing interior color (complete) Is it doable?

Everything is changable from the plastic to be painted to the seats being re uphulstered. Most shops will charge maybe 1000 to do both seats in the front but its all about what you want. THe door panels is somethign you can do. If you take them off you can take the door panels appart and the piece where the fabric is on is one seperate piece with the fabric glued on and tucked around. If you peal that off and put new fabric on you can then put it back together. I did it on my tc and most cars can be done that easy.
Old 07-19-2008, 05:29 PM
svastano
4th Gear Member

Anything can be done with enough money!
Old 07-20-2008, 09:02 AM
nite
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Revlefty

You should be able to have almost everything painted, since most of the interior is plastic. The doors, the upper and lower console parts and the rear panels. You'd still need to buy a new headliner, seats and steering wheel though.
yes, it can be done (changed one of cars interiorsfrom grey to black this way), but if you go that route, keep in mind that the it's a long process, which cannot be rushed. SEM interior coatings are the best on the market, but even those will flake and peel if the panels/material aren't prepped properly and/or the coating isn't applied properly, that's why it can't be rushed. the seatsand headliner can be dyed as well, but that's even more of pita. looks like your steering wheel is all set.

all in all, changing my interior color was a good experience, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who hasn't done it before, just because of the highrisk of it coming out like crap. I would recommend either replacingeverything with black oem parts from a junker,having a professional do the complete color change, or simply buying a car with a black interior.
Old 07-20-2008, 09:39 AM
J to the C
1st Gear Member

Have you checked the web? "Google" new take off parts for the Mustangs/S197 many companies have products to get you started.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:48 AM
alloutt
4th Gear Member

I'm getting all custom interior and will have nothing to do with my stock interior?
Old 07-20-2008, 11:00 AM
Stndbck
3rd Gear Member

I would look around and find one that has the interior you want , or do a total custom job.... seems like an awful lot of $$ and work to switch it out to another color stock interior..............

Old 07-20-2008, 11:22 AM
Paulejr13
Banned

why spend that much to bring it to stock....you will spend so much and no on will even notice
Old 07-20-2008, 12:01 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

ORIGINAL: Revlefty

You should be able to have almost everything painted, since most of the interior is plastic. The doors, the upper and lower console parts and the rear panels. You'd still need to buy a new headliner, seats and steering wheel though.

Bad idea (no offense).
It won't age well, especially the door panels... You know, the lower part that gets in contact with your feet when you get in and out.
The headliner can be done for cheap at a local uphostry shop

The way to go is to swap with someone that wants a tan color.
Easier said than done though...[8D]

Old 07-20-2008, 12:13 PM
snicksrolos
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TJMJoe

Alright guys, so I found a really nice car for a really nice price. I like everything except the interior color. I want everything in the car BLACK and that section across the front of the interior to be that chrome they put in with black interior.

With that said, this is what the car looks like now.

Is it possible to have all that stuff changed to the typical black interior mustang? Also, the price of the work?
AKA:

I have theParchment (Tan) interior andlove it, but I too need more black! Idig your door panels, if you ever want to part ways with them let me know andI might take them off of your hands for you!
Old 07-20-2008, 06:00 PM
SikO7GT
2nd Gear Member

Red and Yellow... huh.....I like it makes me hungry though..... reminds me of the Micky D's colors

[/quote]

Quick Reply: Changing interior color (complete) Is it doable?