Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

question on fitting for wheels

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 08:58 AM
Mr.Bape
4th Gear Member

Default RE: question on fitting for wheels

ORIGINAL: 157db It could look good but if they stick out, dont plan on getting her lowered. You could start rubbing the upper fender well lip and start throwing rocks and dirt all up the sides of her. I see the spanish speaking people around here with the rims sticking so far out that you can see ALL the tread. Not my look. Sticking out too far also just looks like you could not find or afford the correct rims. If its a deal you just cant pass up, buy em. If for the same amount of change and a little more $$ thrown in you can get what you want and what fits and looks good, then pass them by and wait for the good stuff, not something you dont know will fit or look good or not rub. Unless you can try before buy, I wouldnt go that route. Its almost a 1" difference that they will be farther out. Get a straight edge and take some measurments then sketch it out to see.
i was afraid of this. i have 20' inch rims on my car that do exactly that. at the time i didnt know about offsets and all that, and thought that the sticking out of the wheels had to do something with the rear axel. what is the best setting that i can get without rubbing? i want to fill the well without any noticeable gaps and am keeping the suspension stock, im planning on getting the cervinis bodykit down the line.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:40 PM
EMichael
3rd Gear Member

now i'm worried about these.. i like the wheels but idk what to do now
Old 07-23-2008, 02:22 AM
Mr.Bape
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mr.Bape

ORIGINAL: 157db It could look good but if they stick out, dont plan on getting her lowered. You could start rubbing the upper fender well lip and start throwing rocks and dirt all up the sides of her. I see the spanish speaking people around here with the rims sticking so far out that you can see ALL the tread. Not my look. Sticking out too far also just looks like you could not find or afford the correct rims. If its a deal you just cant pass up, buy em. If for the same amount of change and a little more $$ thrown in you can get what you want and what fits and looks good, then pass them by and wait for the good stuff, not something you dont know will fit or look good or not rub. Unless you can try before buy, I wouldnt go that route. Its almost a 1" difference that they will be farther out. Get a straight edge and take some measurments then sketch it out to see.
i was afraid of this. i have 20' inch rims on my car that do exactly that. at the time i didnt know about offsets and all that, and thought that the sticking out of the wheels had to do something with the rear axel. what is the best setting that i can get without rubbing? i want to fill the well without any noticeable gaps and am keeping the suspension stock, im planning on getting the cervinis bodykit down the line.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:23 PM
Mr.Bape
4th Gear Member

so what's the max setting on the rims?
Old 07-25-2008, 12:05 PM
sandy
2nd Gear Member

I tried to make my '04s work on my '06. Don't do it, unless you want to look like a four x four getting ready to hit the swamps. The offsets not enough, so the wheels will stick out noticeably. I had the Ford dealer swap out the stock wheels and tires for my '04s took one look, screamed and had the dealer put the stock wheels back on. Later, I got the 18x9.5 shelby gt500s. Now I'm happier than a dog in the mud.
Old 07-25-2008, 12:16 PM
EMichael
3rd Gear Member

thanks for the advice