Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

magnaflow high flow catted x-pipe

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 12:48 AM
One Bad Stang
4th Gear Member

Default magnaflow high flow catted x-pipe

i came up on a used magnaflow catted x-pipe for a price i couldn't turn down. i am going to install it this weekend. has anyone used this part and run into any hurdles that i would want to know about before starting?? fitment problems? leaks? i will be running it with pypes violators axle backs, so it will be an interesting sound combo.

Tony
Old 07-22-2008, 12:35 PM
smokestang
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: magnaflow high flow catted x-pipe

As far as I know its a quality steup. magnaflow is top notch! some people complain that its not that much louder than stock, but im sure it will be better. should sound good!
Old 07-22-2008, 12:56 PM
gothamems
3rd Gear Member

I have 3" CAT back to Magnapacks on my car now, people say the car sounds awesome now. I have FRPP shorty ceramic headers and a Magnaflow true X with the high flow cats that are sitting in my garage, waiting for installation 8/4, along with a few other mods. I think that the car will sound unbelievable, I did tons of research, including about a million clips on you-tube, and it's a system which stands firmly against the best, sound, quality, and performance!
Old 07-22-2008, 03:03 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

i wanna get a set up with cats for my mac a/b so let me know if the sound gets louder
Old 07-22-2008, 03:46 PM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

There is a vid on youtube with Magnaflow catted X with FRPP stingers and FRPP shorty headers and it sounds very good!

IMO....3v with X with chambered mufflers.....could be a disaster. It's all in your taste.
Old 07-22-2008, 04:27 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

yea i dont want a raspy sound i want a muscle car rumble if you no what i mena i was also looking at the mac prochamer with cats i wonder if that will make it a little louder anyone know
Old 07-22-2008, 04:37 PM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deekum1627

yea i dont want a raspy sound i want a muscle car rumble if you no what i mena i was also looking at the mac prochamer with cats i wonder if that will make it a little louder anyone know
I just happen to have a new vid of my setup. Borla stingers with Prochamber and Pypes high-flow cats.
One of a kind, that I know of.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3RBA&hl=en
Old 07-22-2008, 05:34 PM
Maverickaf17
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: thewarmachine

I just happen to have a new vid of my setup. Borla stingers with Prochamber and Pypes high-flow cats.

Oh my god...your car sounds ****ING amazing. I'm getting some MAC LTs, MAC prochamber, Magnaflow High-Flow Cats, and Borla S-type axle-backs...I hope thats around the same setup you have andI hope it sounds just as good. You think it will?

By the way Warmachine...does your setup sound louder than SLP? I want a deep, non-popping exhaust but nothing like the SLP Loudmouths. I'm looking for Flowmaster type deep/loudness.
Old 07-22-2008, 05:35 PM
Maverickaf17
3rd Gear Member

Oh, and didn't mean to steal the thread or anything. Just need to ask Warmachine about his setup because I'll be getting the same one really soon, maybe.
Old 07-22-2008, 05:52 PM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Maverickaf17

ORIGINAL: thewarmachine

Oh my god...your car sounds ****ING amazing. I'm getting some MAC LTs, MAC prochamber, Magnaflow High-Flow Cats, and Borla S-type axle-backs...I hope thats around the same setup you have andI hope it sounds just as good. You think it will?

By the way Warmachine...does your setup sound louder than SLP? I want a deep, non-popping exhaust but nothing like the SLP Loudmouths. I'm looking for Flowmaster type deep/loudness.
Thanks. I'm uploading two more vids I made today. They should be ready in a couple of hours. I'll make a new thread about them and discuss my exhaust there.

Quick Reply: magnaflow high flow catted x-pipe