Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help guys!!! Eibach or H&R?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 09:57 AM
GT/SRT
3rd Gear Member

Default Help guys!!! Eibach or H&R?

I have been reading through the threads lately and spent some time last night in the "Show me your dropped stangs" thread.

I also went to a few websites that gave the specs for the springs. The H&R springs are the same price as the Eibach pro kit...however

H&R drop
1.7" front
1.9" rear

Eibach pro kit drop
1.3" front
1.4" rear

I am not installing dspecs yet, money for one...and it can't be a rougher ride than my srt-4 with a pro kit.

All I was going to do was get it aligned and *maybe* buy the ajdustable panhard bar.

Can anybody tell me the difference between the two springs. I want to know if the H&R will ride the same or that much rougher than the pro kit. I don't want a terrible ride...but if they are comparable, the H&R seems like it would make the car look that much better. There's almost half an inch of difference in the car's height.

Opinions please...thanks.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:14 AM
owero01
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Help guys!!! Eibach or H&R?

I don't know about the H&R ride, but the Eibach are good. My only worry with the amount of drop with H&R is going over speed bumps and some drive ways. I have problems with some driveways with the Eibach, so I would think you would scrub a lot more with the H&R unless you have a taller wheel.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:22 AM
paydirt
2nd Gear Member

I have the prokit and almost wish I went with H&R, I think the extra little amount of drop H&R provides looks awesome without being too low to where you have to worry about it all the time
Old 07-22-2008, 10:59 AM
GT/SRT
3rd Gear Member

See, I don't want to get the pro kit and wish I would have gone with H&R. They are the same for price, I just want some ideas if the ride is going to be about the same.

I know I'll have to be more careful with the H&R over speedbumps,etc...but if the ride is about the same I think the extra half inch of drop would make it look better...I don't know.

My tires, btw, are 245/45/18 if I remember correctly.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:15 AM
blackS197
4th Gear Member

H&R are not pregressive springs like the eibachs. Eibachs will be more smooth and bouncy. If i had to get springs again i would go with H&R
Old 07-22-2008, 11:31 AM
GT/SRT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blackS197

H&R are not pregressive springs like the eibachs. Eibachs will be more smooth and bouncy. If i had to get springs again i would go with H&R
Ok...so they aren't progressive and the Eibachs will be more smooth...but you would go with H&R anyway...why?

Just curious...I love the look of them. How much will them not being progressive springs effect the way the car rides?
Old 07-22-2008, 12:16 PM
blackS197
4th Gear Member

I like my ride stiff.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:19 PM
grampa_stang
4th Gear Member

Probably because bouncy is bad. I'd rather low 'n stiff. Since the Eibachs are progressive,
maybe the 1st inch or so of travel is soft and theshocks/struts have to work harder to control 'em.
Whereas the H&R are not progressive and won't be as soft during that 1st inch or so.

btw, I'm nosuspension expert by anymeans...just using some common sense and logic that
I've absorbed from the experts here.

If the above assumption is true...I'll go with H&R also.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:56 PM
degeze
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GT/SRT

I have been reading through the threads lately and spent some time last night in the "Show me your dropped stangs" thread.

I also went to a few websites that gave the specs for the springs. The H&R springs are the same price as the Eibach pro kit...however

H&R drop
1.7" front
1.9" rear

Eibach pro kit drop
1.3" front
1.4" rear

I am not installing dspecs yet, money for one...and it can't be a rougher ride than my srt-4 with a pro kit.

All I was going to do was get it aligned and *maybe* buy the ajdustable panhard bar.

Can anybody tell me the difference between the two springs. I want to know if the H&R will ride the same or that much rougher than the pro kit. I don't want a terrible ride...but if they are comparable, the H&R seems like it would make the car look that much better. There's almost half an inch of difference in the car's height.

Opinions please...thanks.
You are comparing two completely different springs though.
A more fair comparision would be the H&R Race Spring (1.5"F/1.4"R) with the Eibach Pro-kit (1.3"F/1.4"R), then the H&R Super Sport Spring (1.7"F/1.9"R) with the Eibach Sportline (1.6"F/2.0"R). BTW, the H&R springs are progressive rate.

If you go with the first comparison...
1. You probably will not needcamber bolts.
2. The ride may be equal or a touch stiffer than stock.
3.You occasionally may scrape on severe grade changes.
4. Your alignment may still be within specs.
5. You probably will notneed anadjustable panhard bar.
6. You may have the "I wish it was lower " syndrome.
Going with the second comparison...
1. You probably will need camber bolts.
2.The ride will be stiffer than stock.
3. You occasionally may scrape on grade changes.(I have only scraped once since I have had them &keep in mind having a taller tire would help)
4.Your alignment will probably need to be corrected by the alignment shop.
5. You may need a adjustable panhard bar, but some people still do not need it (depends on the car I guess).
6. Youwill never have the "I wish it was lower" syndrome.

BothH&R and Eibach are qualitysprings, so itjust comes down to which ones you want for yourcertain application. They both have there uses.
I went with the H&R Super Sport Springs because I read some complaints over a year ago fromEibach user thattheir springs were starting to sag. That problem may have been resolved by now but I just did not want to take that chance. The H&Rs give me the desiredlook, and the benefit of amazingly improved handling. JMO...but I am very happy with my choice. Check out my photo gallery if you want to see some pics.
Old 07-22-2008, 01:24 PM
GT/SRT
3rd Gear Member

How much are camber bolts and how hard would they be to put in?

I don't know about the alignment, hopefully it's not much.

I wasn't comparing both comapnies...I was comparing the pro kit and the lower H&R. I know there are better comparisons, but if I wanted the lesser drop I would go with Eibach first.

I guess what I wanted to know was if my ride would still be ok with the H&R [1.7"frt, 1.9"rr] compared to Pro kit. I really don't want to be unhappy with my ride height...at the same time, I want to make sure the wheels are aligned.

Thanks for your opinion and thoughts...so which would be the better buy in your opinion?

Would I be ok with the H&R springs with an alignment?

Quick Reply: Help guys!!! Eibach or H&R?