Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP Line lock install

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 09:53 AM
DarkFireGT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: SLP Line lock install

Yeah, the SLP kit looks nice, but I've heard of a few problems with the single solenoid, so that's what made me go with the PMP kit. Better safe than sorry. I've got less than $200 in mine with everything I needed to buy, and installation probably wasn't much longer than yours. When it comes to the brakes, I take every precaution.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:52 AM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

Nice job! I installed a dual solenoid kit using components I bought from PowerHouse. In my case, each solenoid is mounted in the wheelwell. I also tapped into the interior fuse panel located in the passenger footwell, for others considering this.

My rear brakes are much happier now -

Old 07-23-2008, 12:36 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DarkFireGT

Yeah, the SLP kit looks nice, but I've heard of a few problems with the single solenoid, so that's what made me go with the PMP kit. Better safe than sorry. I've got less than $200 in mine with everything I needed to buy, and installation probably wasn't much longer than yours. When it comes to the brakes, I take every precaution.
+1. Not trying to steal the OP's thunder, but I would advise against a single solenoid kit. I've seen at least one case of a fried ABS system because of it. I originally ran the Granatelli dual solenoid kit, but when I installed the whipple, it had to go (no room in the engine bay for it), soI opted for the PMP kit instead because it locates the solenoids in the wheel wells. I have nothing bad to say about either kit, and like darkfire said, you can never be too careful with your brakes.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:11 PM
smythge
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nineinchnail1024

ORIGINAL: DarkFireGT

+1. Not trying to steal the OP's thunder, but I would advise against a single solenoid kit. I've seen at least one case of a fried ABS system because of it. I originally ran the Granatelli dual solenoid kit, but when I installed the whipple, it had to go (no room in the engine bay for it), soI opted for the PMP kit instead because it locates the solenoids in the wheel wells. I have nothing bad to say about either kit, and like darkfire said, you can never be too careful with your brakes.
Before ordering and installing the SLP kit, I called their tech department and the SLP kit is specifcally designed to be used with the traction control and ABS on the 05+ Mustang, from what they have told me it is the only single solenoid kit that works and they have not had any reported problems. Hopefully I won't be the first
Old 07-25-2008, 10:40 AM
graygt07
2nd Gear Member

ok smythge i will be ordering mine on monday. i hope to have it ready for friday tnt in cordova