Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CONVINCE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 04:39 PM
timothyrw
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: CONVINCE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also, you may not know this, but the gto's trunkspace is practically cut in half because they had to relocate the gas tank. not a big deal to some but it was to me.

the gto does have some awesome seats in it; especially compared to ours.

and i agree what someone else said. they are fast, but they don't feel 400hp fast. just too heavy. they are only a few tenths faster to 60 then a stock mustang.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:43 PM
whtcanbrwnd04u
5th Gear Member

I was also one of the many who were deciding between the gto and mustang. I chose the mustang because of its looks and how cheap the mods were. GTO's are qiuck but way too expensive to mod.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:02 PM
A_Drunken_Llama
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: will_c

2- FORD is going to HAVE to do something great to the mustang to compete with the new dodge vehicles coming out (challenger, camero, etc.)

whatever you do, research first...
^ you fail
It's spelled "Camaro" and it's a Chevy...not a Dodge....
Old 07-24-2008, 05:09 PM
funtimesalways
3rd Gear Member

+1 if i were in the GM market, it would be for an 02 trans am and mod that all up. but all ive had have been fords, love em and cant find a reason to stray from them even the 6.1 hemi isnt good enough fore me
Old 07-24-2008, 05:16 PM
JOHNNY
2nd Gear Member

For the price you almost can get 2 G/T for the price of a challenger one for you and one for the wife and you woundn't have to share so much!!!! Or one to race and one to show!!!
Old 07-24-2008, 05:32 PM
A_Drunken_Llama
3rd Gear Member

^ + 1 ....or you can get a Shelby GT500 for sticker..... which one would you rather have....

Old 07-24-2008, 05:35 PM
Burt_Chitter

See thats the thing, I believe my budget isn't going to allow me get anything new. The Challenger is most def. out of the picture. The mustang is the most affordable, plus I can beef it up and not break the bank. I would really really like a 2010, but I dont think thats gonna be possible. I will prob. wait till the 2010 mustangs come out and just buy an 07' or 08'. I'm sure I could prob. buy one for reasonable price (low 20's).
Old 07-24-2008, 06:14 PM
billyjo
2nd Gear Member

you can get gts for under 18 now, also there was a write up in car and driver where they put the new challenger against the bullit and the bullit almost beat it in all categories. the Challenger was the RT version and we all know the Bullit is just a little modded GT so it should of beat the crap out of the pony but due to the weight and the many items they took out it didn't perform as well as expected. it scored 217 and the mustang scored i think 208. Also like all have said before buy a gt and the money you save can buy you three super chargers. but for the price of a challenger you get get a gt500 and i would pick that any day
Old 07-24-2008, 06:29 PM
oldschoolera
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Burt_Chitter

Hey to all,

I am looking to buy a newer american muscle car sometime in 09' (I know its a bit off). I have been doing my research and I have narrowed my selection down to the Stang, GTO, or the Charger. I prefer the Mustang over all 3 primarily because of styling, but the down side is that it has the least amount of horsepower of all three. Are the mustangs easily upgradable? How do I get more HP without spending 6 grand on a supercharger. Are the mustangs reliable? Please help me, convince me that the mustang is the best bang for the buck! I know that I won't be getting a brand new mustang, so I am looking at an 07' or even an 08'.

Whats your opinion?

-Thanks everyone
I like the fact that the Mustang has been around since the 1964 1/2 release. If history is any indication, itis likely to be around awhile longer...likely longer than the others you're considering. JMO
Old 07-24-2008, 06:59 PM
Elwood
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Burt_Chitter

See thats the thing, I believe my budget isn't going to allow me get anything new. The Challenger is most def. out of the picture. The mustang is the most affordable, plus I can beef it up and not break the bank. I would really really like a 2010, but I dont think thats gonna be possible. I will prob. wait till the 2010 mustangs come out and just buy an 07' or 08'. I'm sure I could prob. buy one for reasonable price (low 20's).
Good idea. I gave the same advice to somebody else. Nice/low mileage ones will be cheeeep once the '10 comes out.

Really up until the Challenger came out they're was nothing newout there quite like the Mustang. IMOThe Charger is 4 doors and too heavy (Looks bad a$$ though). The GTO looks bland and is also heavy ('Better' engine though, depending on who you ask). The Camaro's and Trans AM stopped in '02 so they may not be as new as you would prefer. If you really wanted a decent selection of similar cars you should be asking this question in like 2012 when some of these new muscle cars are on the cheaper "used" market. But of course, nobody would ever want to wait THAT long

Quick Reply: CONVINCE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!