Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

solved the leaks into the passanger seat

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 06:08 PM
Goldie543

Default solved the leaks into the passanger seat

after alot of trouble and research i am pleased to report that it is a simple fix that can be done without any tools.

If your Mustang is leaking water into the passenger floor after a rain storm like mine did just pop your hood, reach just to the right of the battery on the fire wall behind a wire bundle and pull the rubber grommet (plug/stopper looking thing)that has become clogged!!! Be ready to get your arm wet because there's probably a gallon of water still sitting in there... the water was getting into the cabin when it was at a level that allowed it to flood your cabin air filter!

When you pull the clogged grommet the leak will disappear!

Your welcome!!!

Old 07-29-2008, 06:24 PM
Krazyray
1st Gear Member

Default RE: solved the leaks into the passanger seat

thanx for the info and pics
Old 07-29-2008, 06:33 PM
Mustangmaster
3rd Gear Member

Thanks. Hope I don't get that problem. How did you figure that out? Did you check your cabin filter and it was soaked?
Old 07-29-2008, 06:50 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

thanks alot man i hope i dont have that problem but if i do now i can fix it
Old 07-29-2008, 07:58 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

thanks goldie, you and tribaltek are
the first that i know of, to mention
this area as a leak source

Old 07-29-2008, 08:02 PM
Goldie543

Figured it out after reading all kinds of people with the same issue and absolutely no help from the dealers/ford customer care people got fed up and took the dashboard apart to find the water entry point, after i had the point of entry it was simple to find the "puddle" that was feeding the leak. Now that ive done all the disassembly and reassembly i know that i could have just popped out the "tube" that’s supposed to act as a drain line that gets all clogged... I actually recommend that all 05-06 owners check the little rubber grommet/tube/plug whatever it is for blockage BEFOR they get the issue and a wet floor board. Might be a good idea to add it to the "check this" list at oil change time.
PS - attached is a picture of the removed rubber gromet tube drain thing that got full of crap and made the water pool up and flood my pasanger floor board

Old 07-29-2008, 09:46 PM
ShadyNinja
4th Gear Member

good info!
Old 07-29-2008, 09:55 PM
smythge
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Goldie543

Figured it out after reading all kinds of people with the same issue and absolutely no help from the dealers/ford customer care people got fed up and took the dashboard apart to find the water entry point, after i had the point of entry it was simple to find the "puddle" that was feeding the leak. Now that ive done all the disassembly and reassembly i know that i could have just popped out the "tube" that’s supposed to act as a drain line that gets all clogged... I actually recommend that all 05-06 owners check the little rubber grommet/tube/plug whatever it is for blockage BEFOR they get the issue and a wet floor board. Might be a good idea to add it to the "check this" list at oil change time.
PS - attached is a picture of the removed rubber gromet tube drain thing that got full of crap and made the water pool up and flood my pasanger floor board

Thanks, I just checked mine and it was totally clogged with pine needles, just a note there is one on the drivers side to, that one was also clogged.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:05 PM
Lifter583
4th Gear Member

I cut the bottom off mine some time back, the grommets arenow open and the crap flows through much easier.

Someday maybe the search will be working again, there was a huge discussion on the leaking problems awhile back.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:26 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

This is great info! I think it needs to be a sticky so all Mustang owners will be informed. [sm=goodidea.gif]

Quick Reply: solved the leaks into the passanger seat