Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Tune/CAI post (sorry...)

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 06:56 AM
MADSCOTSMAN
2nd Gear Member

Default Another Tune/CAI post (sorry...)

Hey guys, i'm relatively new to the forums and just purchased a Diablosport Predator for my 06 GT. I am in the process of trying to locate a reasonably priced used AIRAID CAI as I have had them in the past in other cars, and like their products and performance. My question is this, would I benefit any from installling a tune on the car now (stock with the factory Airbox), or should I wait until I locate a CAI and do both at the same time? Just wondering if I'll have a noticeable change with the stock setup when adding a tune??? TIA

Bryan
Old 07-30-2008, 07:25 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Another Tune/CAI post (sorry...)

A stand-alone CAI may net you about 5 RWHP. A stand-alone tune may net you roughly 10-15 RWHP. The combo may net you 15-25 RWHP as they tend to compliment one another.

Buying the tune first and then the CAI will result in having to purchase revised tunes to support the CAI. In the long run, this is more expensive than buying the combo.

The AirRaid is no better or worse than the other CAI's available (for the most part). All of the CAI's are basically equivalent in performance. The real gain will be from the tune. I suggest you check out the Bama and Brenspeed sites and call them with questions. They're customer service and tech support are excellent.
Old 07-30-2008, 07:35 AM
topbliss
2nd Gear Member

good info.. +1

ORIGINAL: Nuke

A stand-alone CAI may net you about 5 RWHP. A stand-alone tune may net you roughly 10-15 RWHP. The combo may net you 15-25 RWHP as they tend to compliment one another.

Buying the tune first and then the CAI will result in having to purchase revised tunes to support the CAI. In the long run, this is more expensive than buying the combo.

The AirRaid is no better or worse than the other CAI's available (for the most part). All of the CAI's are basically equivalent in performance. The real gain will be from the tune. I suggest you check out the Bama and Brenspeed sites and call them with questions. They're customer service and tech support are excellent.
Old 07-30-2008, 07:40 AM
MADSCOTSMAN
2nd Gear Member

Thanks Nuke, I had thought I read on Diablossport's website that the Predator came with an option to specifically choose through it's GUI that you have anAIRRAID CAI. I read alot on here and see people referring to Bama and Brenspeed sites, do they provide custom tune updates for a predator, and is this a service they charge a fee for. Also do they email the tune to you, or how do you get it loaded into the handheld device. Sorry for all the questions as until 2 months ago, I had been out of the game since 2000 when I sold my modded 94 GT for a more "family friendly" PT Cruiser [:'(]. Chips were less customizable back then...
Old 07-30-2008, 08:06 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

I think Bama supports both the Predator and the Xcal. Best bet would be to call them.

Tunes can be e-mailed and then downloaded to the handheld (I know that for the Xcal and assume the Predator is the same). This allows you to add mods and update tuneswhen required.