Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kill switch

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 05:20 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Default RE: Kill switch

ORIGINAL: SilverR1_04

I don't know what wires are for what... if you can give a more detailed desciption of where I can splice into, it would be greatly appreciated..
You need to get a wiring diagram of the ignition switch. Ford service center may help you out with this. Once you have the wiring harness just find the wire that is labeled neutral saftey and see what color it says it is. Then cut the wire and put a push button of flip-switch under the dash for it. I would suggest a flip-switch as they are more durable and you can leave the switch 'on' whenver you're driving it. That way you don't have to push it EVERY time you get in to start it.

Just be careful you do the splice PROPERLY, connectors on the wires and heat-shrink tubing. Shoddy electrical work can wreak havoc when trying to find a problem.
Old 05-10-2005, 05:39 PM
td1320
3rd Gear Member

On a neutral safety switch there should only be two wires. Splice into both wires and connect each side to each side of a two pole toggle switch. Same for the clutch switch. Making the two wires connect completes the starting circuit for both types of cars.
Old 05-10-2005, 09:43 PM
281GT
3rd Gear Member

The kill switch is a good idea as an anti theft device also. Even if the crook manages to get a key for your car he's not going to hang around messing with it when he turns the key and nothing happens. He's just going to move on to an easier target. A kill switch for the fuel pump might also be a good idea. The engine would fire and quit within a few seconds. The would be car thief would probably think something in the car just failed and run.
Old 05-10-2005, 11:23 PM
tsrek

I saw this discussed here or in another mustang Forum? It is a simple job you just cut into the ground wire of the fuel pump and hook the ground to a good insulated toggle switch that you hide somewhere and then run the ground from the switch to ground! presto! if the switch is "Open" the ground wont work and the pump wont go and no fuel pressure, no ijection, No Go.[8D]
Old 05-11-2005, 12:15 AM
odiaz
4th Gear Member

The high tech solution would be a proximity switch. It ties into the ignition system and prevents the car from being started unless you have a matching fob within proximity of the car. My dealer uses these on all of their demo units. Even with the keys, the car will not start unless a salesperson is in the car.

That should be enough to drive your wive crazy, the car will only start when you are near it. LOL
Old 05-11-2005, 01:16 AM
SilverR1_04
2nd Gear Member

LOL

Where do I get one?!!?!?!?!
Old 05-11-2005, 11:20 AM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

Silver...

One what.... Wife or Proximity Fob.. LOL
Old 05-13-2005, 05:51 PM
odiaz
4th Gear Member

do a google search for engine immobilization. There's quite a few alarm companies offering them as part of an alarm. I don't know hwich one my ford dealer was using, I'm going to have to go back and ask him again.
Old 05-14-2005, 02:21 PM
atrex

I'm interested in this product. Anyone using this or something better?

http://enforcer.com.tw/vehicle/sli_760pp.htm

Old 05-15-2005, 02:12 AM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: atrex

I'm interested in this product. Anyone using this or something better?

http://enforcer.com.tw/vehicle/sli_760pp.htm

I'd like to know more about it too...

Quick Reply: Kill switch