Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fueling problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 02:28 PM
jminnich21
1st Gear Member

Default fueling problem

Got my 07 gt back from the service dept. today (can't put gas in if theres a half a tank or more) and the they pretty much told me TUFF S*%T! so I went home and called ford headquarters and what do y'all think they said TUFF S*%T!!! So how many out there have been told the same thing?
Old 07-30-2008, 02:31 PM
Leoleo
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: fueling problem

What???? I can put gas in my 07 if it is down only a gallon.

Try a different gas station.
Don't insert the pump handle all the way into the gas tank.
Old 07-30-2008, 02:42 PM
grampa_stang
4th Gear Member

Oops..there is a TSB but only for build date prior to 4/26/2005.

Some people rotate the nozzle 180 or slow down the delivery.
I believe some have done something with the routing or length of the neck leading into the tank.

Old 07-30-2008, 02:46 PM
jminnich21
1st Gear Member

this has been going on for a year now and I've tried everything but 9 out of 10 times it won't work. and I know theres a tsb on this, but it's fords response that's got my panties in a wad.
Old 07-30-2008, 02:49 PM
rlh6805
1st Gear Member

I have zero troubles with my 08.
Old 07-30-2008, 02:51 PM
JD57
1st Gear Member

I have the same problem. There is only one pump at the place I get gas that has normal delivery.

I never let it get below 1/2 tank because of this problem.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:02 PM
jminnich21
1st Gear Member

this is if I'm above a half tank, the service tech said the problem is the line that connects the 2 tanks together and that ford redesigned the tank and he claims that according to my vin# i have the new design, but since the problem exists I think he's talking out his ***.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:17 PM
alanlee112
1st Gear Member

Yep, the dealer who has been awesome in taking care of my Mustang with TSBs while it was under warranty also said that there wasn't a fix for it. I have the same problem, too, but like many on this board I rotate the handle on the gas pump 90 degrees and it fills the tank fine. Older gas pumps I don't have any problems with but the newer ones seem to have higher pressure and it causes an issue.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:22 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

Rotate the pump handle to about 1 or 2 o'clock position. Works every time.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:38 PM
csrocket

We've had the same problem with out '07 GT/CS......took it to the dealer 4 times and they could do nothing. Finally called Ford and they told me my only option was to consult an attorney. Soooooooooooooo------we pursued it through the BBB Arbitration process----(1st choice to fix the problem and 2nd choice to buy back the vehicle) We presented our case complete with video of "trying" to fill the car at 3 different gas stations in the town we live in. (There's only 3) After the initial hearing the arbitrator requested that an "expert" look at the car and attempt to fill it....he did so and reported the same thing we did....that it would not (or at least it took 20-30 minutes) take gas properly. Ford vehemently disagreed and said there was no problem with the saddle tank and that since there was no problem that were not obligated to fix the car or buy it back. The Arbitrator came back with a decision that stated in part....

"it appears that the fuel tank issue is, in fact, a "design flaw" and not a manufacturing defect, and therefore, out of the purview of my responsibility"

Our claim was denied------- and Ford gets to just go on their merry way...............My wife now wants to sell/trade in the car because she is absolutely pissed every time she has to try to put gas in it. Even tho' she loves everthing else about the car. I'll never buy another Ford.....

Quick Reply: fueling problem