Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stang that Thumps

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 08:45 AM
bigmustangfan

Default Stang that Thumps

Had a few stereo questions about the 2005. I am currently living in the UK but will buy a new Stang upon return in the summer of 06. So, I can't even look at them at the dealership!! [:@] I haven't even gotten to see one live yet!!

Anyway, I was reading on the Shaker system and wanted current owner's, or peoples' in the know, opinion on it. I had a Mach 460 in my 1996 Cobra and it was acceptable after putting a couple of 10's in the trunk. Does the Shaker 1000 sound really good? The 1200 bucks seams a little steep for a couple of factory 10's and amps to power them. I do love the fact that there are now 8's in the doors for some proper mid-bass. Has anyone started to mess around with aftermarket stereo stuff in an 05? (Probably a stupid question) Does anyone know if one can be ordered without a Shaker at all and, if so, do the door panels still fit the 8's? I would imagine the Shaker 500 is default but thought I would ask.

Thanks in advance!!

Cheers...
Old 05-10-2005, 08:49 PM
delurker
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Stang that Thumps

I'll answer one of your questions.

Old 05-11-2005, 06:56 AM
bigmustangfan

Very nice, that is very much along the lines of what I want to do. Did you get yours with the Shaker 500, then just yank it out?
Old 05-11-2005, 09:49 AM
05_Bullitt
I ♥ Acer

BigMustangFan...

I have the Shaker 1000. It's OK for me and does thump a little bit. It is NOT going to give you the same kind of sound aftermarket products will give you.

I am impressed with it but I know for the money you can get a lot better aftermarket products.

I bought the shaker 1000 more for resale value.

Old 05-11-2005, 10:18 AM
bigmustangfan

That is actually a good point I hadn't thought of yet. Any money spent on aftermarket would be wasted, or would have to be moved to the next car. So to go from the 500 to the 1000 is roughly 1200USD. Obviously, there is no way to know now and it would depend on when the car was sold but what would you guess the residual value would be on the Shaker 1000 upgrade it five years?

Cheers….
Old 05-11-2005, 11:53 AM
delurker
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bigmustangfan

Very nice, that is very much along the lines of what I want to do. Did you get yours with the Shaker 500, then just yank it out?
Thanks. Yep, that's what I did, got the skipper 500 and yanked it - it's sitting in a box in my closet right now.
Old 05-11-2005, 12:06 PM
bigmustangfan

Having those 8's in the door must really help the midbase up front. Are those 10's or 12's you have in the trunk? I am waiting for a good bluetooth stereo for handsfree. The ultimate would be a Bluetooth/Sirius/On Board MP3 head unit, shouldn't be too long and one will be out. I have only seen one unit with integrated Bluetooth, outside of factory stuff (BMW, etc.), but it is an unknown Asian brand. Well, unknown to me and I guess they are nearly all Asian.....
Old 05-11-2005, 12:23 PM
delurker
3rd Gear Member

The 8's do help big time with midbass. Those are 12's in the trunk. The signal processor in the dash has an aux port I could plug my ipod into if I wanted, but I prefer the quality of CD's - the CD player and changer will play mp3's too.
Old 05-11-2005, 12:31 PM
bigmustangfan

Sounds and looks like you got a really nice setup. I had an Aux port on my last system in my F-150, that was a good option. Only issue I ever had with it was a little dirty noise if my Ipaq was also charging but if not it was great. I have a Muvo now which has much better battery life so that wouldn't be an issue. But, in on-board I ment, several gig for MP3 storage in the head unit itself. Ability to Rip from CD right into it and/or sync like a Phat Box. One that could record/TiVo programs off of Sirius would of course be fantastic. I know, I ask for too much....
Old 05-11-2005, 09:26 PM
LAKERLVR

I would hate to get into a fender bender with that. from the rear end of course.

Quick Reply: Stang that Thumps