Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CAI intake problem solved !!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 03:09 PM
jagbits
2nd Gear Member

Default CAI intake problem solved !!

OK here we go, I have posted many threads about my flashing engine light after installing Steeda Pulleys, on one of the threads I stated that the air filter had fallen off the tube that it connects to with a hose clamp, so I got out my trusty screwdriver and tightened it down. A couple days later same engine light is on again, someone posted that I need to use a socket on the clamp because a screwdriver will not tighten it strong enough. I finally decided to take that suggestion and my problems are solved, here's what I have learned so far: CAI kit use a socket on the hose clamp screw or you will spend days trying to figure out why your car is running like s*it and you keep clearing the engine light code but it keeps coming back on, 2nd when installing the Steeda UD pulleys follow the torque spec instructions perfectly or your belt will squeal and you will have a horrible knocking noise comeing from the crank pulley that will keep you up a night worrying about it, and always remember that aftermarket performance parts are not perfect, if you buy them and install them, everything may not come out perfectly so go to the message board, post up your problem, and take the suggestions until you find the one that solves your problem. Lastly save up for the supercharger and NEVER tell oyur wife how much it will cost!!!
Old 05-10-2005, 03:37 PM
cmenders
1st Gear Member

Default RE: CAI intake problem solved !!

The other thing that the folks at Steeda told me to do to keep the filter from falling off was to be sure to clean all the oil residue off the contact surfaces of the filter. Once I did that the problem stopped for me.
Old 05-10-2005, 03:43 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: cmenders

The other thing that the folks at Steeda told me to do to keep the filter from falling off was to be sure to clean all the oil residue off the contact surfaces of the filter. Once I did that the problem stopped for me.
Exactly what I was going to say. I cleaned the inner ring of the filter and the outside of the ring it mounts on with a rag and some brake cleaner. Never popped off once.
Old 05-10-2005, 03:52 PM
td1320
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hawgman

ORIGINAL: cmenders

Exactly what I was going to say. I cleaned the inner ring of the filter and the outside of the ring it mounts on with a rag and some brake cleaner. Never popped off once.
Sorry Jagbits, I forgot about the brake clean part. I did that too in addition to the 1/4 in ratchet.
Old 05-10-2005, 06:05 PM
jagbits
2nd Gear Member

I posted too soon... the light came on and the air cleaner is HULK tight, I just reflashed with my SCT and the new revised coil pack tune I loaded, I will take a drive and pray for victory, will report back later.
Old 05-10-2005, 06:50 PM
jagbits
2nd Gear Member

Took a 30 minute drive no check engine ligh at all, I think my problems are solved. I can't stress enough how important customer service is in any automotive business. I own a Jaguar Parts busines and I give the best customer service possible, 7 days a week, toll free number, and 15 years experience. My company has grown at an incredible pace becuase of this, www.brenspeed.com answered his phone after hours and didn't just tell me some crap that I wanted to hear, he said he will look into the problem and he did, he said if I send him the SCT he will re-tune it with the new updated tune and send it back to me so I would have it the next day, which he did. That's all an american car freak can ask fo "Do what you say, and say what you do". Plain and simple, Brent is the owner of Brenspeed and he cares about keeping his costomers satisfied, he will get all my business as he has so so far!!
Old 05-10-2005, 07:51 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Ya know...I started to give ya a hard time ( all in good fun ) over the web site because it seems that every single thing you have bought for your car has been through that site. But if they go that extra mile ( or even that extra foot in todays atmosphere ) to take care of people, they have my admiration.

On to a little different subject though. Think it's about time to buy the PC cable for that XCal?
Old 05-10-2005, 08:55 PM
jagbits
2nd Gear Member

Yes for sure! I am placing an order with the same place in a few days and I am going to add the cable to the order. I have been driving all over town trying to get the light to come on, but it won't so I think I am all set. I can decide if I want a set of chrome of polished Bullitts or some suspension mods, once I decide I will add the cable to the order. It's not easy running a business and trying to work on my car at the same time, plus I have 4 kids and a wife that is going away for the weekend so I have to be both Mom and Dad this week. I don't care what happens as long as my friggin car is fine!!
Old 05-11-2005, 01:25 AM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: jagbits
Lastly save up for the supercharger and NEVER tell oyur wife how much it will cost!!!
I told my wife how much. No problems, here. All she asked is why I want to do it. I told her that I had a 500hp muscle car when I was 18, and I want to experience the same thrills again, almost 30 years later. She's never been in a car like that, so I can't wait to see her reaction!! hehehe. Actually, I think I'll let her take it on a pass down the 1/4-mile... with the SC (and other stuff), it ought to get into the 11's (that's my goal anyway). She'll freak out.
Old 05-11-2005, 01:33 AM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Kewl beans. Glad you got it worked out. Was startin' to wonder about that puppy.