Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auto Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 03:17 PM
06elnr
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Auto Headlights

if you leave your lights always on they will shut off after you turn the caroff after about15 min. and as soon as you crank the car they are already on...LOL
Old 08-01-2008, 03:45 PM
Allstar
5th Gear Member

those r annoying in my opinion.. what if u wanna be night rider and sneak up on som1??
YA CANT CAUSE YA DAM LIGHTS ER ON!!
plus i like driving with just my runnign lights sometimes...

but i must that.. twisting that **** to turn the lights on is one hell of a job allright.. prolly burn off a whole twix bar every time i twist that thing!
Old 08-01-2008, 04:00 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: tn_gt

and you would think that even for a $33,000 car you would have one right? my $28,000 mustang doesnt even have a button inside of the car to open the trunk with, you have to use the key or the remote to do it...LAME!!!
Apparently you didn't know where they placed the button in the 99-04. You had to reach over to the passenger side, over to the glove compartment, open it, then fumble for the button on the edge, oh and if the key was in the ignition, the FOB button wouldn't work...THAT was LAME! At least now all I have to do is push the button on the FOB even if the car is running.

Way more convenient IMO.
Old 08-01-2008, 04:10 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Its an option for Canadian Stangs only.
DRLs
DaytimeRunningLights
Old 08-02-2008, 06:05 PM
tn_gt
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Derf00

ORIGINAL: tn_gt

and you would think that even for a $33,000 car you would have one right? my $28,000 mustang doesnt even have a button inside of the car to open the trunk with, you have to use the key or the remote to do it...LAME!!!
Apparently you didn't know where they placed the button in the 99-04. You had to reach over to the passenger side, over to the glove compartment, open it, then fumble for the button on the edge, oh and if the key was in the ignition, the FOB button wouldn't work...THAT was LAME! At least now all I have to do is push the button on the FOB even if the car is running.

Way more convenient IMO.
its not so much the fact that im lazy or anything, its just thats a lot of money for a car 1st off...and if you went out to the car to get something and didnt have your keys you would have to walk all the way back to the house (a good little walk for me as opposed to other people) and get the keys, i just think thats kinda something that should be standard nowadays
Old 08-03-2008, 07:46 PM
landon.moss
2nd Gear Member

DRLs are a gm/canada thing and it's stupid imo...runnin around with your lights on all the time - i hated them on my pontiac...pull up to a gas station or a business at night and are just running in real fast, so i'll just leave the car runnin - well, you can't really unless you want to blind eveyone inside and be considered an ***...another annoying thing, for me, anyway, is people that drive around (usually camaros and mustangs) with parking lamps and foglights on, but no headlights
Old 08-03-2008, 08:29 PM
Dragon Stang
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: landon.moss

DRLs are a gm/canada thing and it's stupid imo...runnin around with your lights on all the time - i hated them on my pontiac...pull up to a gas station or a business at night and are just running in real fast, so i'll just leave the car runnin - well, you can't really unless you want to blind eveyone inside and be considered an ***...another annoying thing, for me, anyway, is people that drive around (usually camaros and mustangs) with parking lamps and foglights on, but no headlights
Of course you do know that leaving your car running unattended is not only stupid, it will get you an infraction ticket. Not only that, if your car is stolen while you are MIA, your insurance will have a very convenient way out of paying for the theft.
Just thought you should know. Turning the engine off and taking the keys with you... smart insurance.
Old 08-03-2008, 08:36 PM
FyouGitive
3rd Gear Member

Nice pounce, DS. You'r right, of course.

Old 08-03-2008, 08:42 PM
landon.moss
2nd Gear Member

perhaps i should mention, someone is usually in the car...not to mention...i'm in small town iowa, where people leave keys in the ignition doors unlocked over-night...never seen or heard of anyone leaving their car running getting a ticket, though....in my hometown one of the richest cats there would leave his new vette running right in the parking lot....maybe we just have better morals than you guys - you know, like not stealing - but my car is from the LA area, so it has a securtiy system, and i had to do inner city work for awhile and it was always locked and engaged....and the lights are still dumb...waste of money
Old 08-03-2008, 08:54 PM
fakesnake
2nd Gear Member

sorry to hijack the thread but when this went to the trunk unlock thing i couldn't help it-ya know that Ford makes a wireless door lock unlock accessory that unlocks the trunk. Most Ford cars and trucks have this as standard, but Ford makes a wireless version, available on ebay, that also unlocks the truck. For those of us that thought it a bit too ugly on the side of the car, well then you can mount it behind the gas fill door. I love mine.

Quick Reply: Auto Headlights