Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

oh no...he didn't just hit me... yes he did!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 07:56 PM
Stndbck
3rd Gear Member

Default oh no...he didn't just hit me... yes he did!

Minding my own business, driving down the highway.....have to stop for a red light. Everything normal. And then....bang! Guess what... I'm hit. I can't believe it. Get out to check the damage, and find that I have been hit by a guy ina Jeep. His Jeep is fine.....just bent the lic plate, however....My Stang did not fair so well. My bumper is pushed in and scraped, and my truck is screwed up and won't even close.
At least I know it can be fixed, it is just the headache and inconvienience of having to deal with insurance companies and all. And a sore shoulder to boot.
Just another pain in the butt caused by someone simplyNOT PAYING ATTENTION to where they were driving! Of course , as I said he has no damage.
Old 08-02-2008, 08:02 PM
Project Renegade
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: oh no...he didn't just hit me... yes he did!

that lucky son of a ***** i hope you threw a few choice words in his direction[:@]
Old 08-02-2008, 08:05 PM
GOT OATZ
2nd Gear Member

So sorry to hear that you got hit. Get that shoulder checked out. Those things come creeping back at a later date, almost always depending on how hard he hit you. At least he didn't drive away... LOL that's what people do herea lot.

At least twice a week I cringe while looking in my rear view mirror at someone coming up behind me too fast,
looking as though they have no plans to stop. I'm thankful it has not happened yet.

I'm hoping you got his information and wrote down his plate etc... just to be on the safe side???

Good luck.

You might want to post pictures of the damage.

Old 08-02-2008, 08:06 PM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]
Old 08-02-2008, 08:14 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Project Renegade

that lucky son of a ***** i hope you threw a few choice words in his direction[:@]
Is that really necessary? I mean c'mon.. If the guy were being a jerk about it and trying to shift the blame then fine get a little upset. Otherwise reactions like this are just silly. Accidents happen and it's what insurance is for. I know it's frustrating, I've been hit many times, but freaking out doesn't solve anything.
Old 08-02-2008, 08:15 PM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

sooooo cliff notes = your neck hurts and you want a GT500
Old 08-02-2008, 08:29 PM
Project Renegade
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Riptide

ORIGINAL: Project Renegade

Is that really necessary? I mean c'mon.. If the guy were being a jerk about it and trying to shift the blame then fine get a little upset. Otherwise reactions like this are just silly. Accidents happen and it's what insurance is for. I know it's frustrating, I've been hit many times, but freaking out doesn't solve anything.
no i understand what your sayin, its just that it reminded me about this one time i was headin to work, early in the morning and while trying to merge off the onramp and into traffic, this a**hole in a cherokee just kept gaining and gaining, almost as if he was going to ram me (he was deffinately haulin a**) so i was forced to swerve out of the way and let him pass, and he just floors it, all the while i was imagining what would have happened if i didnt pay as much attention to the distance between us. i was going at least 40 (it was a VERY gradual turn) and he must have been going 50-60 easy. do the math and it just spells out SCARY. thats why i over reacted about the whole thing
Old 08-02-2008, 08:34 PM
redfireshaker06
4th Gear Member

Hey, accidents to my mustangs mean new and different body parts. On my 04, had a little front accident. It got me a Roush stage 3 bumper and a kaenen hood. Got rear ended, it got me an 03-04 Cobra bumper and I had cobra filled in. If the 06 gets rear ended. I'm getting a GT/CS bumper.lol. I look at the bright side of things.lol. Glad your ok though. Sounds like you have the same amount of damage I had when I got rear ended.
Old 08-02-2008, 09:02 PM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

Man i'm so sorry... i've had that happen about10 too many times, lmao.
I remember the last one so distinctly... im sure you can relate to that big WHAT THE ****!!! feeling right when you're being thrown fowards... I remember my headturning and looking at the shaker radio while flying frontwards... and then the OHH YOU MOTHER****ER I'M GONNA KILL YOU, I JUST BOUGHT THIS CAR!!! feeling.I don't think anger has ever rushed upon me that quick. and I remember punching the emergency flashers button really hard. Too bad I wasn't smart enough to get the GT/CS bumper when it was being repaired.

You'll be glued to your rear-view for the next year.
Old 08-02-2008, 09:06 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Default RE: oh no...he didn'

Yikes...that sucks big time!

Quick Reply: oh no...he didn't just hit me... yes he did!