Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Inner two taillights as brake lights ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 10:02 PM
tn_gt
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Inner two taillights as brake lights ?

idk i kinda think sequentials are a little ricey...i know a lot of people have them but isnt that something a ricer would do if they had these taillights in an instant?
Old 08-05-2008, 12:10 AM
2007CalSpec
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tn_gt

idk i kinda think sequentials are a little ricey...i know a lot of people have them but isnt that something a ricer would do if they had these taillights in an instant?
Let's not get into calling things ricey. Some will argue that your halo headlights are ricey or even my halo fogs. LOL

Anyway, sequentials were started in the 60's with the Mercury Cougars so they're not ricey at all.
Old 08-05-2008, 12:39 AM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

I believe the meter4it tail lights have 3 modes......sequential, chase, all.
Old 08-05-2008, 02:43 AM
lucki96gt
3rd Gear Member

I thought about getting sequentials, until i saw a 96 impala with it[:'(] there still nice on stangs tho!
Any way i just switched my middle bulb and inner bulb. so when I brake or flick my turn signals the middle light on each side don't light up. free mod for the win
Old 08-05-2008, 07:39 AM
Northern Pony

Default THANKS! odiaz!

Thanks odiaz! That's what I was looking for. I've been searching forever but never could find the correct topic.

I'd like to see the flashers and hazards use all three lights as well. Having just the outer two light up makes the others appear to be burned out.

I'm not a big fan of sequentials because they're more distracting than informative. Since it is not the common method of indication, some people are dazzled by them and don't realize that you intend to turn.

For the same reason, the motorcycle dealership I work at will not install pulsing brake light modules. Too many motorcyclists with them were being run over by people who were unaware that the motorcycle was coming to a stop.

I'll have to see about tackling that mod when I get my car back from the dealer tomorrow or Thursday.

Thanks again! ~Nate.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:05 AM
Allstar
5th Gear Member

Default RE: THANKS! odiaz!

sweet i might do this
Old 08-05-2008, 09:10 AM
tn_gt
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2007CalSpec

ORIGINAL: tn_gt

Let's not get into calling things ricey. Some will argue that your halo headlights are ricey or even my halo fogs. LOL

Anyway, sequentials were started in the 60's with the Mercury Cougars so they're not ricey at all.
lol you are exactly right, but i didnt know that they even had that kind of technology back in the sixties lol....but also about the guy talking about the motorcyles, it really all depends whick kit you get, my dads harley has them but they flash really quick 3 times and then stay on for about 5 seconds then flash again really quickly 3 times then stay on etc, that kit works really well
Old 08-05-2008, 09:25 AM
zkiller
4th Gear Member

sequentials are not ricey
sequentials come from Mustang, Shelby, Cougar TBird tradition. They should be a factory item on S197.
Halos lights dont have that same tradition, sorry.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:46 AM
tn_gt
3rd Gear Member

ok we've already established this
Old 08-05-2008, 10:00 AM
Leoleo
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: zkiller

sequentials are not ricey
sequentials come from Mustang, Shelby, Cougar TBird tradition. They should be a factory item on S197.
And in the 1960's the first sequential tail lights actually had a little cam on each side to close the current to light of the bulb. It was only used in the first year.

Sequential's are NOT rice.

Quick Reply: Inner two taillights as brake lights ?