Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Difference between a Deluxe and Premium GT?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 10:38 AM
DylanFan
3rd Gear Member

Default Difference between a Deluxe and Premium GT?

Besides the Shaker 500 and the leather seats what other differences are there between a deluxe and a premium GT Mustang? I bought a 2007 Tungsten Grey GT deluxe last week. The car has the Shaker 500 and the interior upgradepackage and a 5 speed manual. It did not have leather seats but my wifetold the salesman thet she wanted him to put the GT leather take-off seats from my 2006 V6 trade-in into the GT which he did. It feels a lot like my V6 coupe as both are Tungsten Grey. I also took the black spoiler off the V6 and put it on the GT. The people at work didn't even know that it was a new car.
Old 08-05-2008, 12:09 PM
praetorian31

Default RE: Difference between a Deluxe and Premium GT?

I am pretty sure there are no other differences than the Shaker 500 and leather. I ordered my 08 GT Deluxe directly from Ford and those were the only two differences I could see from the catalogues. In my case, I added the leather as an option, but left out the Shaker.
Old 08-05-2008, 01:07 PM
DylanFan
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: praetorian31

I am pretty sure there are no other differences than the Shaker 500 and leather. I ordered my 08 GT Deluxe directly from Ford and those were the only two differences I could see from the catalogues. In my case, I added the leather as an option, but left out the Shaker.
It seemed to me that the Premium would be a better deal because it includes both the Shaker 500 and the leather seats. I know that the IUP is extra on both of them. So, my deluxe is the same as a premium now that I have added the GT take-off leather seats from my V6 coupe and the car already had the Shaker 500. The IUP is just an added feature that I also had on my 2006 V6 Premium coupe. I like all the mileage stuff and the miles to empty features of the IUP.
Old 08-05-2008, 01:07 PM
RobertJ
2nd Gear Member

Also included is the comptuer information center and MyColor dash for my 06.
Old 08-05-2008, 01:50 PM
DylanFan
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RobertJ

Also included is the comptuer information center and MyColor dash for my 06.
In the 2006 V6 Premium coupe I thought the MyColor and the computer information center were part of the Interior Upgrade Package. I will have to look at my 2006 Mustang brouchere when I get home to be sure about that. I could be wrong as I have been wrong before!
Old 08-05-2008, 02:01 PM
glamis40

hi, i have 07 gt tungston grey premium, i think the only differences are what you said the seats and upgraded interior package, but mine came with sat radio with 6 months service and rear traction control... other than that same great car... throw some flowmasters on, people at work will tell lol its a new better burlier car, i had a 99 v6 hooked up, but it doesnt compare to the power of a V8...
Old 08-05-2008, 02:23 PM
hirevn
1st Gear Member

hid headlamps, ambient lighting, heated seats all come to mind.
oh,premiter alarm also
Old 08-05-2008, 02:26 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: hirevn

+1

Also wheel options are limited on the Deluxe and I dont' believe you get the 3.55 differential option on the Deluxe...?

Just go to ford.com and start with a base model Deluxe and a base model Premium to see what differences there are.
Old 08-05-2008, 03:25 PM
DylanFan
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hirevn

oh,premiter alarm also
Thanks for the input but I should have been more specific when I asked the question. I know there are a lot of things different on the 2009 GT's between the deluxe and the premium. I was asking about the 2007 model year differences. In 2006 I was under the impression that the Shaker 500 and the leather were the only differences but did not know about 2007.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:44 AM
BudgetPlan1
1st Gear Member

All I know is that getting the Deluxe was the only way I could get a Mustang w/ absolutley *no* options, I even managed to find one w/ spoiler-delete. I wanted the most basic 300hp car I could find. If they made one w/o a radio, I woulda gone for that too.

I guess I'm just a minimalist...or a cheapskate.

Quick Reply: Difference between a Deluxe and Premium GT?