Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I have a Wife, How do you BUY PARTS?!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 07:33 PM
grampa_stang
4th Gear Member

Default RE: I have a Wife, How do you BUY PARTS?!

You guys are married. It doesn't matter who makes what. If the budget allows for it, then do it.
You each shouldhaveyour own"MAD Money". My wife gets her hair done and buys expensive shampoo.
I buy stuff for the car. I get my gears in 12 days.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:09 PM
Dragon Stang
2nd Gear Member

Come on guys... Pull your ***** out of her handbag and stuff them back in your ball sack where they rightfully belong.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:26 PM
sactown
4th Gear Member

LMAO!
I make more than 3x my wifes salary, so personally she can't say **** (and doesn't any way because she is a good wife). But to avoid any problems I opened my own checking account and treat my car like gf she don't know about. As the saying goes "if she don't see the money she don't miss the money"
Old 08-06-2008, 08:36 PM
Dragon Stang
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sactown

LMAO!
I make more than 3x my wifes salary, so personally she can't say **** (and doesn't any way because she is a good wife). But to avoid any problems I opened my own checking account and treat my car like gf she don't know about. As the saying goes "if she don't see the money she don't miss the money"
LOL... just hope she does not find out about your little caper. If she does, your going to need some BIG F'n ***** to quell that fire storm. lol. All the best to ya Man!
Old 08-06-2008, 08:40 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

Provided the money is thier I order as I wish with no complaints. Since I work for it she figuresI deserve to spend it. I do spend on her as well
Old 08-06-2008, 08:50 PM
omigosh

You should have married someone with similar interests!! My wife encourages me to buy stuff for her mustang and my vette!!
Old 08-06-2008, 08:59 PM
loaded6shooter
2nd Gear Member

my girlfriend buys more parts for my car than i do!!!!!! its nice
Old 08-06-2008, 09:02 PM
Philostang
3rd Gear Member

What a great thread! I haven't laughed this hard on the Forum in a looong time...

Ok, here's the real deal: my wife makes way more money than I do, and I don't buy her squat if it isn't her birthday, Christmas, or our anniversary. The secret? You don't want HER to "get you off." That's being a boy. Be a man. YOU get her off! As often as possible and every time.

My wife has little to say about my modding, but more importantly she has even less reason to care. That's the real "secret."

Also, as MustangGT0405 suggested it helps if you have have your basic finances squared away. We have a seperate account (third) to secure all our basic house expenses. This way the house/kids are taken care of, the wife is taken care of, and I mod with a clear conscience.

Best,
-j
Old 08-06-2008, 09:02 PM
Brian_Zinchuk
4th Gear Member

This is a great thread. I'm not married but I do have a fiance that hates my car. She thinks that I love my car more then I love her because "I don't spend as much money on her as I do my car", bullsh!t of coarse, well maybe? SOOOOO, shes all about the saving money towards our future thing, so it really hard to spend even $100 on my car. I do save money, which is easy because the military pays for pretty much everything for me. She also says that shes worried that I'm going to make a habit of spending money on my car and that I'm going to spend money that we really don't have. I guess shes just young and doesn't realize that I know what I'm doing when it comes to the money that I make. I've recently been doing a lot to my car due to a reenlistment bonus, all performance mods, so I just tell her that I have to fix something wrong with my car and I get all my boxes shipped to my buddies house. Someday I'll break the news how much money ive spent on my car, hopefully it wont be the end for us. But I do love my car because it doesn't demand that I buy stuff for it I just do.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:04 PM
Johnboy7701
4th Gear Member

My fiance' is the same way... she b!tches for a little, then I buy her something for her jeep or something and shes good.. flowers always work too...

Quick Reply: I have a Wife, How do you BUY PARTS?!