Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boss Side Stripe Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 11:30 AM
degeze
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Boss Side Stripe Pictures

Leave the stripe pass the wheel well.
Old 08-08-2008, 12:07 PM
changmo

i would leave the stripe on the after rearwheel as well.
Old 08-08-2008, 12:30 PM
cavediver
3rd Gear Member

I like the stripe going all the way to the back of the rear wheel well.

Boss Mustangs were both V8's, either 302's or 429's, and were the high-performance versions. It appears you have a six, if I'm wrong I applogize. Go ahead and do the stripe but don't be a poser and include the word "Boss".Your Mustang isnot a V8. it's not high-performance, it's not a Boss.
Old 08-08-2008, 01:13 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

It doesn't look great stopping just before the bumper.
I also notice it is lower than the stripe shown on the PJ version.

But is that a V6? Looks like a GT...
Old 08-08-2008, 02:08 PM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

It's a conundrum for sure. The part behind the wheel well does look unfinished, like it was cut off too short. But it's a Boss stripe, so it kinda should be there. That said, the original Boss had the chrome bumpers which the stripe runs to, so it does kind-of go the whole way.

Ithink I'd stick with a mix of the Boss tribute and whatI like. In other words I'd either leave that part off the car or have a longer section made up to use in that area instead.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:37 PM
Ato
4th Gear Member

I like it better w/ the stripe stopping in front of the rear wheel.
Old 08-08-2008, 05:31 PM
ndmustangv6

It is a v6 with the Gt bumpers, rocker, grill, and mufflers. After putting the stripes on, I looked at a closeup picture of a Parnelli Jones and noticed that the rear stripe has to be higher up so that it is level with the sidemarker.[:@] Now I am going to have to re-do that section. Even though most people wouldprobable notnotice, those little things bug me.Now everytime I look at it it lookswrong.

I know some of you are asking why are you putting Boss stripes on a v6?We'll I like the look. I didn't put "302" on there like the Parnelli Jones does. What do you guys think off me replacing the Boss lettering with "245"?
Old 08-08-2008, 05:40 PM
rad_rob
3rd Gear Member

^thats what I would do. If I end up not building my stroker motor, Ill be puttin "281" above my stripe.
Old 08-08-2008, 06:27 PM
cavediver
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ndmustangv6

It is a v6 with the Gt bumpers, rocker, grill, and mufflers. After putting the stripes on, I looked at a closeup picture of a Parnelli Jones and noticed that the rear stripe has to be higher up so that it is level with the sidemarker. [:@] Now I am going to have to re-do that section. Even though most people would probable not notice, those little things bug me. Now everytime I look at it it looks wrong.

I know some of you are asking why are you putting Boss stripes on a v6? We'll I like the look. I didn't put "302" on there like the Parnelli Jones does. What do you guys think off me replacing the Boss lettering with "245"?
Either that or 4.0 would look great and would be the appropriate thing to do instead of the Boss lettering. Because v6's have a completely different exhaust tone than a v8, even with duals, once anyone heard it they would know it wasn't real. You would be proclaiming and showing pride in exactly what it is and not pretending it was something it wasn't. There isn't anything wrong with a v6, it's a great Mustang. I think more people should be proud of owning and driving a v6 and not act like they're embarrassed about them. FWIW, I wouldn't ever put Cobra badges on my GT because it isn't one and I'm quite content with it being exactly what it is.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:51 PM
pat123
3rd Gear Member

Behind the rear wheel looks better! IMO!

Quick Reply: Boss Side Stripe Pictures