Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For all you diehard "Eleanor" fans...

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 07:35 PM
snicksrolos
3rd Gear Member

Default For all you diehard "Eleanor" fans...

Does anyone know where I can find links to, or pictures of the font/script used for all of the "Eleanor" badging? I remember not too long ago there was a tribute vehicle in one of the Mustang magzines that had headrest wraps with some really cool looking script on it that I'd like to replicate if possible.

If you know of a link or a pic, any help forwarded my way would be appreciated! Thanks guys (and girls)!!!
Old 08-07-2008, 08:11 PM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

Default RE: For all you diehard "Eleanor" fans...

Well, here's the original [and REAL] Eleanor (Not some Riced up Fastback like in the later, and far lamer,version). Looks like it's hand painted LMAO [8D]
Old 08-07-2008, 08:25 PM
mustangfan87
1st Gear Member

How can u call the new eleanor riced up? To me its pure muscle, hell even chip foose had his hand in designing it. That "original" u have a picture of is fugly compared to the new eleanor and its yellow [:'(]
Old 08-07-2008, 08:40 PM
snicksrolos
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: marcuskeeler

Well, here's the original [and REAL] Eleanor (Not some Riced up Fastback like in the later, and far lamer,version). Looks like it's hand painted LMAO [8D]
[sm=funnypostabove.gif]
Old 08-07-2008, 08:47 PM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

How can u call the new eleanor riced up? To me its pure muscle, hell even chip foose had his hand in designing it. That "original" u have a picture of is fugly compared to the new eleanor and its yellow [:'(]
You can drop the inverted commas surrounding Original because it IS the original Eleanor, not the Hollywood created Bondo-wagon they used for the later G.I.60.S

u = You
Old 08-07-2008, 09:07 PM
Xeno
'Dr. X'

even though that was the first eleanor, I still like the newer one better (I just like 1967-1970 fastbacks better than the mid-late 1970s). I think, for the most part,I like the newer movie a little better too;the 40 min. chase scene is freakin awesome, but it gets a little repetitive after a while; the newer one has just enough car chase to keep me happy without getting too boring. somewhere, i read the new eleanor was designed by foose, but was originally bought by an individual who OKd his cars design to be used in the movie (dont know if thats true though).[/align][/align]also, to the OP, I looked around, but couldnt find anything like what youre looking for [/align]
Old 08-07-2008, 09:08 PM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

Chip Foose? You mean Chip "throw some 22's and pinstripes on anything" Foose? Didn't the shop that made that plascrap gt500 go under for stealing titles and vin numbers? That remake of gone in 60 seconds was so far from the original and so far from reality... Now young people think that car was an "original".. The first eleanor was a mach1.. It was a real muscle car that didn't take 40 seconds to go from 60 to 100mph in a dry lakebed.....

ORIGINAL: mustangfan87

Old 08-07-2008, 09:14 PM
Xeno
'Dr. X'

unique performance (who originally built the gt500e) did go out of business. I believe they used convicts to build the cars, while using bad bondo and paint jobs while taking various parts and scratching off and using false vin numbers... which the last time i checked is illegal . since that happened, though, the gt500e has been officially licensed and are being made professionally (cant remember by who, though).
Old 08-07-2008, 09:28 PM
snicksrolos
3rd Gear Member

So...all of this bantering back and forth about "Eleanor" is comical and all...but does anyone (besides Xeno, thank you sir) have an answer to my original question?

[sm=bicker.gif][sm=shootshoot.gif] [sm=helpout.gif]
Old 08-07-2008, 09:30 PM
pat123
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: For all you die hard "Eleanor" fans...

I think part of what makes these cars so much fun to own is that they have a real retro look to them but they have most, if not all of the newer creature comforts. Ford built thecars to be modifiedand they are cheap enough that most can afford to do just that. I am impressed that a lot of the younger guys that own these cars try to give them even more of a retro look. Some of the mods that they do are not what I would want but most are really cool. What I do not understand is why some of the older guys and some of the guys that have been members of the Forum for a long time think that they have to shoot down everything these guys do. If you don't like what they are doing then don't make any comments or at least try to give some constructive criticism; being a jerk on every post is not helping anyone and most of the guys are just looking for some good solid advice. All this guy asked for was a link or pictures; he did not asked tobebrow beat for simply asking for pictures of a Mustang that he saw and liked the look of.

Quick Reply: For all you diehard "Eleanor" fans...