Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing stereo need help quick!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 09:33 PM
08Eleanor
2nd Gear Member

Default Installing stereo need help quick!!

Hey all, installing my avic-f700bt and my pioneer backup camera. I need help for two things.

For the reverse camera I need to know:

- Where can I tap into for the reverse camera signal input? I know that I tapped into the positive lead on the bulb harness on my f-150 but I don't really want to take the light off and do that, is there anywhere else?

Nevermind about the first one now, anyone know where to get reverse signal input??

Im guessing it will be the wire that tells the reverse light to go on. Does anyone know where that would come off of? possibly the light area or the computer area?
Old 08-08-2008, 10:32 PM
lrgnation
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Installing stereo need help quick!!

ORIGINAL: 08Eleanor

Hey all, installing my avic-f700bt and my pioneer backup camera. I need help for two things.

- Where can I tap into for the reverse camera signal input? I know that I tapped into the positive lead on the bulb harness on my f-150 but I don't really want to take the light off and do that, is there anywhere else?

Nevermind about the first one now, anyone know where to get reverse signal input??

Im guessing it will be the wire that tells the reverse light to go on. Does anyone know where that would come off of? possibly the light area or the computer area?
The harness right behind the black plastic panel in the trunk has the tail light wiring. The tail light comes off in 3 10mm nuts, You can find the wire that way. Or if you have a test light probe the wires back there until you find the one that only has 12v when its in rev.

Are you going to use the rev signal input at the deck or at the rear camera? Its really quite simple to run wiring in our cars as well. Making it look clean takes an extra 10 minutes.
Old 08-09-2008, 12:41 AM
thenatural
2nd Gear Member

Sorry to be no help but your car looks amazing eleanor!
Old 08-09-2008, 11:31 PM
08Eleanor
2nd Gear Member

figured it out, found a yellow wire at the wire harness on the taillight that works great.
Old 08-10-2008, 09:43 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

ORIGINAL: 08Eleanor

Nevermind about the first one now, anyone know where to get reverse signal input??[/color]
[/color]

You can pick it up at the SJB behind the passengers side kick panel.
http://iihs.net/fsm/?dir=40&viewfile...ng%20Lamps.pdf
Connector C2280D either the White/Yellow or LiteGreen/Orange wire.

http://iihs.net/fsm/?dir=40&viewfile...nformation.pdf
Connector locations on the SJBsince there are about 7 different connectors on it.

[color=red][color=black][color=black]