Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Get your 'stangs checked ladies and gents.

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2005, 09:26 PM
Earl
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Get your 'stangs checked ladies and gents.

Well....

Let me say my blood runs blue. My other car is an Explorer, the 3rd one we've owned in the last 10 years. From the theory that time solves all problems you'd think the Explorer would be rock solid - but ours has had the differential replaced twice, various noises, and other issues (some even found in our previous Explorers). Do I think all the problems will be worked out of the 'stang this year, or next? No - new ones will crop up to replace the old ones.

Ford quality control is job none - but I still love them, still drive them as I'm older and set and my ways and refuse to drive anything "Japanese" even if it is made in Virgina

Even with all of the problems I've had on my 'stang - I absolutely totally 100% love the car. Anyone that waits is missing out on an experience that just doesn't happen very often. The 'stang generates alot of attention. The more that are on the road, and the newer variations that come out (verts, Shelbies, etc..) the lesser attention it will get. I prefer to love it and enjoy it now, warts and all.

Just my opinion.

Besides there are other benefits to getting one early. You '06 watchers correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think my comination - black, red leather upgrade interior, IUP w/Mycolor is even an option next year.

Earl
Old 05-13-2005, 11:18 PM
Jim Smyth
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Red69Sportsroof
Jim,
Mine is due early to mid June - and I'm glad I waited because Ford provides fixes for these problems as the year progresses so our car should not have many or any of these symptoms. But only time will tell.

Boy I hope your right or the dealership wont like me too much! For 30K it better be damm near perfect. Its not like they just started building cars or anything.
Old 05-13-2005, 11:45 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Earl

Besides there are other benefits to getting one early. You '06 watchers correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think my comination - black, red leather upgrade interior, IUP w/Mycolor is even an option next year.

Earl
Exactly where I am at with mine. I know that they won't offer "Torch Red" with IUP, MyColor, and red leather upgrade interior next year.
Old 05-14-2005, 03:18 AM
Earl
1st Gear Member

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but as the owner of no fewer than 7 brand new Fords over the last 15 years I can 100% totally, comfortably, and completely gaurantee you that your car will see the inside of the service shop.

It shouldn't be that way but it is.

Earl

ORIGINAL: Jim Smyth

ORIGINAL: Red69Sportsroof
Jim,
Mine is due early to mid June - and I'm glad I waited because Ford provides fixes for these problems as the year progresses so our car should not have many or any of these symptoms. But only time will tell.

Boy I hope your right or the dealership wont like me too much! For 30K it better be damm near perfect. Its not like they just started building cars or anything.
Old 05-15-2005, 02:10 PM
td1320
3rd Gear Member

I think I just figured out the fuel tank issue. I'm sorry if someone has already said this before but I have had my 05 GT since before thanksgiving and have never had a problem filling it up.... till now. Guess what.. it's only gonna happen in hot weather. Thats when the tank builds up pressure. Mine has happened almost every time the temp has gone over 80 degrees. I live in Virginia and until a week or two ago the hottest it has been is 70. Also if you fill up at night or in the morning and you have only driven a short while it wont do it either. I bet if you took a pole it would be right down the line as to who has had it happen and who hasn't based on temperature. My dealer thanks all of my problems are fixed. They are really gonna hate me now.
Old 05-15-2005, 02:34 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

I am in the Dallas area, it has been above 80 quite a bit. Have not had the problem since I had my fuel tank replaced.
Old 05-15-2005, 02:46 PM
td1320
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hawgman

I am in the Dallas area, it has been above 80 quite a bit. Have not had the problem since I had my fuel tank replaced.
Yeah I think when I get mine replaced i'll be okay. Last time it happened I could barely get 3/4 of a tank in. This sucks since I like checking my fuel mileage by going to the same station an usually the same pump every time.
Old 05-15-2005, 04:56 PM
Earl
1st Gear Member

Nah temp isn't the factor. I live in Texas, its been in the 80's almost since I bought the damn thing in January. The fuel tank issue is one of the few '05 reported problems my car has not had

I've not had her on the road though, just city driving around the Dallas area - but have fueled up at 8-12 stations with no problems.

Earl

ORIGINAL: td1320

I think I just figured out the fuel tank issue. I'm sorry if someone has already said this before but I have had my 05 GT since before thanksgiving and have never had a problem filling it up.... till now. Guess what.. it's only gonna happen in hot weather. Thats when the tank builds up pressure. Mine has happened almost every time the temp has gone over 80 degrees. I live in Virginia and until a week or two ago the hottest it has been is 70. Also if you fill up at night or in the morning and you have only driven a short while it wont do it either. I bet if you took a pole it would be right down the line as to who has had it happen and who hasn't based on temperature. My dealer thanks all of my problems are fixed. They are really gonna hate me now.
Old 06-13-2005, 01:07 PM
Black2005Stang

I'll get around to seeing if I have problems... but won't have Ford fix them until I can acquire another vehicle to drive