Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ventshade

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 12:03 PM
Z06 Killer
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jminnich21
all i asked was a simple f__k'n question and i get s__t and all it does is rehash my disappointment I didn't ask anyones opinion except if anyone had the product I'm the one who wrote the check for my car

You say you did no task for opinions, then why the hell are you on a forum. That is all this is. Its a gathering place of opinions! I am sorry that most people here rate the shades right up there with fuzzy dice and skull valve stem caps, but if that is your taste. Then do it!

As for the car, you are upset that it does not handle like an S2000 or accelrate like a sport bike? Did you test drive the car first? Apparently not. These things would have been apparent right away. Its not a sports car so it will not handle like a razor unless you put some money into it. As far as acceleration.... There are not many modern muscle cars that can beat it. The new Comaro might be slower as it is going to be HEAVY. The Challenger is turning similar numbers as the stang and lets not talk about the Charger! And none of these are going to accelerate like most bikes will.

Maybe you should do some research and find the car you want, sell yours and buy that one. Or maybe instead, put a little money into a blower and some suspension mods!

But whatever you do. if you dont want opinions then dont post on a forum. That is what forums are for!
Old 08-22-2008, 12:16 PM
cavediver
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jminnich21
all i asked was a simple f__k'n question and i get s__t and all it does is rehash my disappointment I didn't ask anyones opinion except if anyone had the product I'm the one who wrote the check for my car
That's right, you asked a simple question and you got some simple answers. You didn't like the answers you got so now you turned this into a 'bash the Mustang' post.

I suggest you sell the Mustang and buy that Camaro you talked about and then go on a Camaro forum and ask them where to buy some nice vent shades for it. I'm sure they would be soooooooooooo much more receptive to your tastes than us.
Old 08-22-2008, 12:37 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Yeah, if you don't care what anyone thinks then why the hell would you ask?

Head on over to LS1tech forums and post up, see what they have to say. Just let me know when you do so I can get a good laugh.
Old 08-22-2008, 12:38 PM
ReaperGT
4th Gear Member

The op definitely has some issues. Dont ask a question if you might not be able to handle the answer.
Old 08-22-2008, 01:11 PM
antipeterleague
3rd Gear Member

keep fuzzy dice out of this
Old 08-22-2008, 02:39 PM
StickShifty
5th Gear Member

i had them on my truck, they are great in the rain, you can have your window halfway down and it stays dry, but they dont look nice on our cars.

i cant figure out how they work on a frameless door.

Last edited by StickShifty; 08-22-2008 at 02:42 PM.
Old 08-23-2008, 07:17 AM
302svt
1st Gear Member

I have them on my car and I really don't think they look too bad. They help alot to keep the rain out of my car everytime I open the doors or want a breeze coming in when it is raining.

Old 08-23-2008, 07:40 AM
jet21
1st Gear Member

[QUOTE=302svt;5374394]I have them on my car and I really don't think they look too bad. They help alot to keep the rain out of my car everytime I open the doors or want a breeze coming in when it is raining.
QUOTE]

Looks good and they do serve a useful purpose. Not just for smokers but they also keep fog/dew from forming on the inside of the windows in certain weather conditions. I have a set too that I just picked up and will install soon. I don't care if some people don't like them or not. I've seen lots of mods etc. on this forum that I think suck but I don't rip them for it. Its their vehicle and let them do whatever they like to it.
Old 08-23-2008, 08:26 AM
jminnich21
1st Gear Member

thanks to the last few posts, thats the kind of info I was looking for functionality, does it perform as expected or is a disappointment. to the others all I can say is that we have different uses for the forums I see the forum as a vast bowl of knowledge, with the day of internet shopping you don't get to see and touch like you would in a store, so I look to the forum to find out hands on experience with products and services. If I ask about something and you don't have hands on experience the I really don't give a rats a** what you like or not, but if you had a great experience or a nightmare then that's the kind of info I'm looking for plain and simple
Old 08-23-2008, 08:38 AM
jminnich21
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the picture 302svt I now see that they don't come all the way down in the front. Do they do ok in lite rain? Also I don't know if anyone has noticed that at speed if you have only one window down the wind creates a bellowing affect and sound so another question is do they change the airflow enough to eliminate that effect?

Quick Reply: ventshade