Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

White Spots

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 02:17 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

Default White Spots

Yes I said white spots and not wet spots. On the sonic blue color, has anyone had these white spots on their car? I noticed yesterday when I dusted off the car to take some pictures then I noticed them today after I got to work in the parking lot. Could this be from the paint protection they put on at the dealer? If so, how long would I keep getting these spots?
Old 05-16-2005, 02:38 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: White Spots

I haven't noticed any white spots on mine at all (unless they were dried water spots).
Old 05-16-2005, 06:13 PM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

Ah ha! You found a fault with your color change Should have stuck with the Grey. JK - maybe they didn't do a very good job of removing that protective film that the cars ship with. Maybe good waxing will help??
Old 05-16-2005, 06:25 PM
2Stangs
I ♥ Acer

Don, do you have protective coat on yours?

I'm not sure what you mean exactly by white spots, but I did notice on mine that I would see white specks, but they rubbed off.
Old 05-16-2005, 06:28 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

Yes, it was coated about a week after I got it. But, other than dust, waterspots, etc., no spots at any time.
Old 05-16-2005, 06:33 PM
Scottsat
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sowaxeman

Ah ha! You found a fault with your color change Should have stuck with the Grey. JK - maybe they didn't do a very good job of removing that protective film that the cars ship with. Maybe good waxing will help??

Actually I was thinking the same thing........changing colors in midstream!!!!of all things!.

And then, I recall seeing my Mineral Grey at the dealer.....getting ready for make ready.....it still had a few spots on it from the
white sticky/plastic stuff they used to protect it...Once cleaned properly by the make ready department it all was gone....

Gotta say, all the colors available on the Mustang look very good!!!

(Especially the Mineral Grey),,
later,

[IMG]local://upfiles/13237/32ACE574E43A4294A6FF545548197CE7.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-16-2005, 06:48 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

They are a little larger than the size of the head of a pin. I can take my finger nail and they come right off. It almost looks like dried wax that is real white. I noticed that this car collects dust like a magnet. I'm going to have to get me a car duster in the car. This car also has the stock bullet wheels. Has anyone noticed how fast they get dirty?
Old 05-16-2005, 06:57 PM
2Stangs
I ♥ Acer

it sounds similar to what I had, but it was rare, and there were never many of them. I always thought it was some kind of pollen or something. I had this place where I am a member, and I get free professional car washes for a year.

One thing to note, I didn't have the protection coat on my last one.
Old 05-16-2005, 08:51 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: 05GrayGT

They are a little larger than the size of the head of a pin. I can take my finger nail and they come right off. It almost looks like dried wax that is real white. I noticed that this car collects dust like a magnet. I'm going to have to get me a car duster in the car. This car also has the stock bullet wheels. Has anyone noticed how fast they get dirty?
Definitely a dust magnet!! Oh, the curse of dark colors. They look awesome when clean... it's keeping them clean that is a pain sometimes. lol

I have one of the dusters, and it works very well. My 14-yo son likes to dust my baby off, so that's Ok with me.
Old 05-16-2005, 09:22 PM
SilverR1_04
2nd Gear Member

Have you noticed any recordings of adult films near your vehicle?

Quick Reply: White Spots