Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suspension Specs

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 02:15 AM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Suspension Specs

Best Link Ever? I don't think so... that would be this one:

https://mustangforums.com/m_498306/m.../tm.htm#498306

Old 05-17-2005, 02:19 AM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

OK...I will give ya that one
Old 05-17-2005, 02:21 AM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

Thank you kind sir.
Old 05-17-2005, 02:25 AM
SilverR1_04
2nd Gear Member

can we get a sticky???

ORIGINAL: hawgman

ORIGINAL: 2Stangs

I don't want to void my warrenty.

BTW, I'm not looking to be bottoming out my car, just looking at about 1 1/2" to 3" at most.
*Sigh [&o] ..........
Magnuson Moss Warranty Act

And for future reference
Best Link Ever
Old 05-17-2005, 02:25 AM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Hey, can't blame ya. The blue was VERY HIGH on my color list. Only reason it didn't win out is because I wanted the red interior. But had I not been able to get that, it would have been a blue stang parked in the garage.

You considered putting the duck tail on that puppy?
Old 05-17-2005, 02:50 AM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

I'm not really a big fan of the ducktail. Remember, I absolutely love the look of the 69 Mach 1... so my tastes tend towards that general look.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:43 AM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

The repeated disucssion of lowering the care and warentee makes me have flashbacks!

Also... I believe my flashback is what the 05 Mustang is all about... bring back that love of a car.. and the want to modifiy it.

Before continueing... YES.. I'm an OLD fart... and ugly too. So take this for what it's worth!

I was 19 in 1974.
LIFE with cars was so much simpler back then...

In the late 70's.... If we wanted to lower a car... we just jacked her up... took a hacksaw and wacked a wrap out of the spring. We wanted to jacker her up... we would run to the junk yard and get springs from a heaver car and switch them out. Unless you have leaf springs... then you removed layers or added them or used those extenders.

We never worried about warentees because there was no way in HELL we would let a dealership touch our car!

Hot items then were... for Manuals... Strip Clutches and short throw or vertical shifter kits. For Autos'.. Stall Converters and performance gear clutch bands and fast-shift kits. Holly 500 or 800 cfm Duel Pumper Carbs and Edelbrock High Rise manafolds. and Duel Exhaust - prreferrable without muffler or with Thrush (Bullitt) Glass packs which we burned out the guts before installing them.

Everyone added those bars to the rear axel that hit the frame to keep the rear from twisting itself off... or installed "Ladder Bars"

The Roadies (My group) keep our cars low to the ground... and the 1/4 guys liked to jacke the rear of the car as high as possible. Air Shocks in the rear were very popular.

We put 15" wide Micky Thompson tires on the back!

We put Chains across the motor to keep it in place! (those were the years the "Broken Motor Mount" was invented!

We spent HOURS tuning our cars by ear! Playing with carbs and carb rebuild kits. Acer Ignitions... and taking the belt off of the aircompressor for the AC, (but keeping it handy for those "dates".) because we would rather have HORSEPOWER then Cool Air.

If we had a scoop - it did something! even if that something was nothing more then to cram some cool air into the engine compartment to cool off the engine.

Actually - - now that I think about it... maybe things are simpler TODAY.... today, you buy a chrome thingie.. hook up a computer.. push a button and BANG... mod is finished!

Oh welll.. I'm old school and I can't wait to get my hands durty while falling asleep on a creeper under my Mustang!
Old 05-17-2005, 11:54 AM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Wow....that was a flash back. I got all misty eyed thinking of my bright red 72 Satellite. 340 bored .030" over, police interceptor 360 heads, 680 double pumper, hooker headers ( all that existed were long tube ), roadrunner exhaust, 727 torque flight tranny, 2200 stall converter, crager wheels, air shocks from hell, the widest tires I could afford with my highschool job, and yes...a big *** piece of tow chain holding the motor down. Otherwise, the alternator would ground out on the right fender well when you stomped on it!
Old 05-17-2005, 12:26 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

Dammit you guys... you are making my eyes well up... <sniff>

[IMG]local://upfiles/15351/EB13A178EFD34A2ABCDAE8921FA90222.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/15351/A27CAE2E9DCD4052A4E3641F50AE0A56.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-17-2005, 12:57 PM
2Stangs
I ♥ Acer

That had some great info. I am just wondering, as I am getting an extended warrenty through the bank, not the dealer, however, I know the dealers warrenty still sticks as well. I'm all good, I have my out, dealership has the responsability.

Additional note for anyone interested in lowering their car; keep all components that are replaced for anytime you ever sell/trade your car.

Quick Reply: Suspension Specs