Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do I remove those pesky dealer-name decals on the decklid? *pic*

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 03:39 PM
Number 13

I hate those!! should be against the law.

Fingernails all the way for the powder painted kind...finish up with goo gone or oops.
For vynil sticker kind I'm backing up anyone who said hair dryer.
Old 09-05-2008, 03:55 PM
shoeys08dkcandygt
4th Gear Member

at least im not the only one who used a razor blade to get that damn thing off. 157db i bet the salesman was in shock when you asked him that. i took mine off on the lot in front of the whole sales staff. done it to all 7 cars ive had. no free advertising here. not for car dealers at least. the salesman knew when he sold me the car on a-plan that i worked at a dealership and wont ever bring it to them to do any customer pay work. shes only been to the shop once, not dealer i bought it from; airbag recall. dont trust dealerships and i work at one. esp dont trust ford dealers.
Old 09-05-2008, 04:45 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Go to the dealer with a 12 gauge and make them take it off!
I think the folks here, provided enough solutions.

I bought my Stang from Don Reid Ford in Orlando and they had their damn sticker on the car.
I was thinking of leaving the DO fron Don and the Ford, so it would say "Do Ford".
But I yanked it all out. You don't leave cr@p on your car, damn it!!!
Old 09-05-2008, 07:50 PM
East87
4th Gear Member

thanks for the solutions, guys. i definitely have to get on this once i see my glorious pony back home. can't bring the stang to school...people sit on, lean on and otherwise mistreat the cars parked outside...

i gave the dealership about 900 miles of free advertising. my first mod will be a sweet dealer-branding delete package.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:25 PM
mxg30
2nd Gear Member

Hey Gang,
The best and safest stuff out there comes in a spray can.
3M Wax and Tar remover (comes in a blue / black can) This stuff works quickly and is safe for any professional paint job. This is the best stuff out there for removing anything you don't want on your car.
Oh Yeah, you can get it @ Wal-mart in the automotive section.
Old 09-06-2008, 12:36 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Originally Posted by East87
goo gone is incredible. i used it to remove the awful residue from those damn PA emissions stickers.

goo gone is safe on our paint then?
I would not use it and just heat it up and pull it off carefully and slowly. Any residue doesn't need to have goo gone for a little sticker.....use rubbing alcohol and follow with a good polish/wax after! enjoy.....don't make things harder or worse than before you started......
Old 09-06-2008, 01:31 AM
owero01
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Number 13
I hate those!! should be against the law.

Fingernails all the way for the powder painted kind...finish up with goo gone or oops.
For vynil sticker kind I'm backing up anyone who said hair dryer.
Fortunately, in Maryland it is against the law for dealers to put the darn things on any car sold in the state. They resort to putting on license plate frames which are much easier to deal with.
Old 09-06-2008, 06:49 AM
JasperGT
3rd Gear Member

Down here in Florida, Kelly Ford of Melbourne puts on a cursive signature type plastic stick-on that says Kelly going up at a 45 degree angle. Every car, truck, SUV, and van that comes out of that dealership looks like a sixteen year old girl named Kelly is driving the car. Its a bit upsetting at the least.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:25 AM
fyerfyter
2nd Gear Member

.........WD-40..........

First mod always...dealer sticker Delete...cheap easy and makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside...
Old 09-06-2008, 09:09 AM
SoFlaGT

I had my dealer remove it before delivery. Told them that I wouldn't take the car with the sticker on it.

When I came to pick it up, it was gone.

Quick Reply: How do I remove those pesky dealer-name decals on the decklid? *pic*