Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody else getting to the point where....

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 02:56 PM
r3velation
4th Gear Member

man, i can't believe how many miles i've put on my car. got the car dec 18th 07, it's already at 11k miles. ridiculous. but i'm enjoying the car so much, that's all that matters.

it's my first mustang, first manual, and my first "sports car" it's been one hell of a ride.

the funniest part is that i have a DD. ml320, but i can't seem to drive it daily haha.
Old 09-06-2008, 04:34 PM
S197steve
4th Gear Member

I bought mine on March 22nd of this year and I have 7,3xx miles on it as of this morning... I LOVE the car and really enjoy driving it everyday. The only downside is that I have a few rock chips already but you have to expect it when you drive 50+ miles of highway (around Houston) everyday.

I expect to put about 15k miles a year on this baby for the next 8-10 years. Then it will be time to get a new car and make this one the weekend cruiser with some "minor" modding. Until then, it will probably remain mostly stock.
Old 09-06-2008, 06:43 PM
9million
2nd Gear Member

Sounds like you are overcaring (if you will). I guess if you bought it to look at it, then go ahead & get a DD. If you bought it to enjoy it, then it should be your DD. I get up every morning & fire it up & its a great way to start my day! THe cold starts are always the best. I dont beat mine all that much. I get enjoyment just cruising & hearing my v8. I dont wash my car regularly or wax it at all. I can care less what others think, I bought this car for me. I havent kept a car for more than 2 years so there's no sense in me putting so much money in it. Beside, you may very much want a new S197 when they are unveiled. I live within the moment & dont extrapolate. "Im keeping this car forever" - thats just not me
Old 09-06-2008, 08:02 PM
loaded6shooter
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 9million
Sounds like you are overcaring (if you will).
how can u put over $30,000 on the table and not care?
Old 09-06-2008, 08:29 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Bought on credit?

But seriously, these are just Mustangs! It's not like there aren't thousands exactly like yours was before you started adding $$$ to it!

When I wanted to get one in 2005 they wouldn't let me do any special options, like a bigger engine, transmission. Interior options were very limited, as were wheel styles. Even today, there is no real special base model Mustang coming from Ford that will be a collectible.

So the thought of having a garage queen doesn't apply to most of us who realize that if anything happens to our customized Mustangs we can just buy a new one.
I take care of my cars and always make sure that if I don't wash it for several weeks that it at least has a good coat of wax under all that grime.
People are still surprised when they hear that it's a 2005 and almost 4 years old.
Attached Thumbnails Anybody else getting to the point where....-2327.jpg  
Old 09-08-2008, 02:12 AM
9million
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by loaded6shooter
how can u put over $30,000 on the table and not care?
Ooooohhhhhh noooooooo sir. I waited. I bought mine used for 18k a year ago. It had 8000 miles. I never buy new cars. Its just not smart financially.
Old 09-08-2008, 03:16 AM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mygt500
Well I have never used this car as a DD and it IS DRIVEN and I enjoy it just as much every time I get into it like I did the first time I bought the car. I have the luxury of a separate DD and I use it for whatever suits my needs/wants. Finances are not an issue at this point in my life and I totally understand where you are coming from EAST87....... I did the same thing when I was your age and 13 yrs later I still have what I want and enjoy life in general to the fullest..... once you start your career and get established the rest will be much easier for you.... I thought my 20's were amazing and loads of fun and my 30's are proving to be much more fun as I have no worries about money and am very content with my decisions (about life or the car).....
Amen to that! It's nice to be able to have lots of money in the bank, a good life in general, a wonderful family which is #1 IMO and a car to go releive some stress with.

I wanted a blown Mustang since I was 15 and did not get one until I was 30. I pay cash for my toys, live life to the fullest and treat my family (3 girls) like queens. I can go hide in the garage when I need to and play soccer with my oldest when she asks.
Old 09-08-2008, 04:19 AM
funtimesalways
3rd Gear Member

i find i use the mustang as a DD more than my Lightning, (mostly because of gas mileage) but lets face it. almost everyone knows what a mustang is, and most know what shelby is, but not many people know or care what a Lightning is. but i will use the truck on longer drives, its a bit more comfy and roomy, but i cant go to the car wash without somebody telling me "nice car" the truck they think its a lowrider or something, i guess there waitin on me to hit the switch and watch it bounce. ive heard some stupid things come out of peoples mouth.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:36 AM
MTAS
2nd Gear Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by loaded6shooter
is anybody else getting to the point where u have so much time/money into ur car and ur absolutely in love with it, that u want to get another car as a DD just to keep the miles off of it and protect it from the elements? im going to be buying an explorer in the next few months from my grandma to drive around in, especially during the winter, something i wont kick my feet off before i get in or pick at pin-sized spots on the paint with my fingernail....
No - I bought my car to drive, period. I enjoy every second behind the wheel and couldn't care less about putting miles on the clock.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:42 AM
TPony
6th Gear Member

kinda, but I dont mind driving it at all....

Quick Reply: Anybody else getting to the point where....