Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I do it???

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 01:45 AM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Should I do it???

I agree with gianf. My lifestyle required an automatic. But, if a manual is OK for you... then DO IT!!
Old 05-17-2005, 01:48 AM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

I had no problems getting mine back... they even still had the check. Just emphasizes the differences between good dealers and sleazeballs.
Old 05-17-2005, 01:56 AM
Scaught
2nd Gear Member

I am about to find out if my guy is a sleazeball or not. The other dealer that is getting the car next week already recomended that I ask my guy for a dealer to dealer trade, they said it would cost me 100$ to do it. I am down with that. For a few dollars more I'll have the car. So, hopefully they will do a swap and i get my 5spot back to put down on the one I am gonna get NEXT WEEK!!!
If he stiffs me I am going to buy the car anyways like HAWGMAN did. Screw'em all. I am already at 12 weeks and I was told 12 weeks max. Gotta do what I gotta do.
Old 05-17-2005, 01:59 AM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

You won't regret it.
Old 05-17-2005, 02:26 AM
SilverR1_04
2nd Gear Member

yup, a stupid question indeed. but for some reason i think you were hoping we'd say that...
Old 05-17-2005, 03:08 PM
biged3
2nd Gear Member

Like Nike you say, "Just Do IT!"
Old 05-17-2005, 04:12 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

==I told them I wanted it back because nothing had been done, they said that it was non refundable ==

That is unreal!! Do they really think they'd have any trouble selling a GT? I could understand if it was an Explorer you had on order, they'd do whatever they could to unload one of those- LOL! Glad the story had a happy ending.
Old 05-17-2005, 04:15 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

==JUST DO IT RIGHT????? STUPID QUESTION RIGHT????==

Not at all. Think long and hard about this, if you want a torch red auto then a redfire stick is a compromise. Think about how you'll feel 12 months down the road, are you going to see a torch red GT going down the road and tell yourself "WHY didn't I WAIT??" In a year it won't matter whether you waited a little bit longer although it might seem like forever right now
Old 05-17-2005, 04:16 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

This past friday I found myself in the same predicament as you. I have on order a mineral gray deluxe, IUP, Shaker500 and 5 speed manual. That was ordered on 11/17/04 with no deposit. I went to another dealer on 3/23/05 and ordered the exact same car but gave a $500 deposit. Both orders are still clean and unscheduled. I found this sonic blue premium, 5 speed manul with the ISAP and wheel locks on the internet at a dealer 60 minuutes away from home. Wasn't sure what to do going from a mineral gray to a sonic blue and IUP to ISAP. I called the dealer that night told them my story and they were nice enough to take $565 off the sticker price. I tell you what, it only took a 45 minutes to decide to get the sonic blue and I was glad I did. This is one fantastic car and the sonic blue is just great. I have had many comments on how nice the color is. The dealer even took my AQHA $500 rebate and their $200 internet coupon.

If I were you, I would go to the other dealer and make a deal direct with them. You will probably get a better deal than doing the dealer trade. YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!!!!!!! Going from automatic to a manual is childs play. I live in the country and commute to the city every day and using a manual in the city is not all that hard. You will have more fun with the manual than you think you will have, I PROMISE.

So to answer your question------ YES, DO IT!!!!!!!

Case closed........[:@]
Old 05-17-2005, 04:43 PM
firemedix911
2nd Gear Member

mi hermano you've got to do it. do it. stick is faster and funner to drive.