Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need oppinions on this look !!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 07:14 AM
eddypython
3rd Gear Member

That's an old picture. I've finished the rear bumper, redid the front because it was crooked. Changed the signal lights to black ones, shorty antenna and a whole bunch more. Just used an old picture for what I had in mind.

The only reason I was thinking about doing the pillars and leaving the horse is because the back has the faux gas cap and it's all blacked out with no red showing in between.
Old 09-14-2008, 07:48 AM
06elnr
5th Gear Member

some one did that awhile back on a yellow one , I thought it looked good. it was for sale on ebay, but I didnt save the pic sorry. you could do them in vinyl and see if you liked it or not...
Old 09-14-2008, 08:00 AM
joeymustang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 06elnr
some one did that awhile back on a yellow one , I thought it looked good. it was for sale on ebay, but I didnt save the pic sorry. you could do them in vinyl and see if you liked it or not...
+1 i would try it on vinyl first, then go ahead and paint it

IMO i like it, its different and makes the lights look good, kinda meaner too
Old 09-14-2008, 08:41 AM
nite
3rd Gear Member

definitely gives it a meaner look, but agree with orion... if you're gonna go with a black & red theme, you should commit to it. blackout the pony and the faux cap, as well as the gt emblems, then throw a set of black wheels on there (don't forget to lower it). that should make it look as mean as possible, short of painting the whole car black.
Old 09-14-2008, 09:20 AM
jrhykushi
4th Gear Member

i think it looks terribad :x
Old 09-14-2008, 11:00 AM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

It looks good in concept but the pillars don't have a good place to have a paint break where it meets the bumper so I think that would look amateurish.
Old 09-14-2008, 03:01 PM
BeeStang
3rd Gear Member

You can also use black vinyl on the front pillars first too see if you like it. If so, then you can get them painted. That way you can see first hand if you want too make it permanent or at least get opinions in real time while your out riding around!
Old 09-14-2008, 03:40 PM
eddypython
3rd Gear Member

Since I still have about 10 feet of vinyl from when I striped my car, I'll do that. I'll apply the vinyl on the pillars, I'll cover up the fog lights and see how it turns out.
Old 09-16-2008, 06:25 PM
VanWilder
2nd Gear Member

dont vht the headlights...i did my center foglights with it and when the light shines through its purple...dont know why...my guess is that the vht is meant for rear tail lights and has a red tint to it for this reason...what i did, being that i have the roush front bumper w/ fogs and dont use the center foglights in the grill, is i tinted the foglights pretty dark and I painted my entire front grill gloss black including the pony and it looks sick..alot cheaper than buying a billet grill...my .02
Old 09-16-2008, 06:45 PM
mynameismike65
4th Gear Member

Leave the pillars....instead of the bullitt grill (v6ish) get the black billitt one....but yeah black headlights/side lights would look sweet. Then when you lower it and get DD black bullitts it would really look mean

Quick Reply: I need oppinions on this look !!