Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem with Automatic Tranny?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 04:05 PM
VerginaStang
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by silverbullitt42836
I know that the transmissions are nothing a like, but that same thing happened on my family's old Windstar...right before the transmission let go. Hope thats not what's going on with yours. I would definitely take it to the dealership to have it looked at.

Did it continuously flash, or did it go away?

I dont know what to do..... Tranny seemed to shift like normal before, during, after. I havnt driven the car since, as it is not a daily driver.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:30 PM
Green08BulliTT

the flashing sounds like it might be sending a code out as if to say what the error is but this may be a stretch.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:22 AM
VerginaStang
3rd Gear Member

I drove the car for about 45 mins last night.... no lights came up, and the tranny shifted fine. I didnt get on it too hard at all, pretty much normal driving. It also wasnt nearly as hot as it was on Saturday when the light started flashing.... I dont know. The car seemed to run VERY strong. It was night time, and cool though......

??????
Old 09-17-2008, 10:43 AM
wolfpup
bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yay

thats pretty scary to hear... hopefully everything is ok and it was jus like a glitch or something
Old 09-17-2008, 11:52 AM
silverbullitt42836
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by VerginaStang
Did it continuously flash, or did it go away?

I dont know what to do..... Tranny seemed to shift like normal before, during, after. I havnt driven the car since, as it is not a daily driver.
On my family's van it flashed when the van was first turned on. Sometimes when we got on the highway and it reached the OD gear, it would either flash or stay lit. But, under normal driving conditions the light would occasionally flash for a few minutes after we started her up and then would turn off. It all ended about 500 miles later when all the transmission seals let go and dropped fluid till it was empty. Those transmissions on the mid to late 90s Windstars were known to be problematic though and I am sure if any of the components have been carried over to the new Mustangs transmissions (which I don't think they have) they have fixed the issue, BUT I would get it to a dealership SOON to have it checked. Hopefully its just a wiring issue and maybe some condensation is causing the light to come on under certain weather conditions. Good luck and report back when you find out what's going on!