Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 01:24 PM
Cappi
2nd Gear Member

Default Aftermarket Upgrades

Hmmm,...

What else can I do to the car to add some power but not voin the warranty? I put the steeda tri ax shifter in (love it) and the mac after axle exhaust (sounds great)

I want to add the cold air kit but you pretty much need a custom tune to make it run right & the tunes arent perfected yet so I want to wait.

Im thinking JBA shorties but they are pretty expensive to make such small power gains,..

I dont want to mess with pullies (the void the warranty)

any ideas??
Old 05-18-2005, 01:29 PM
2Stangs
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Aftermarket Upgrades

If you don't want to void the warrenty, just stick to facil mods and making the car nice, then when warrenty is close to going, Mod the heck out of it. That is what I plan to do at least.

EDIT: Oh BTW, Racing stripes make the car faster!
Old 05-18-2005, 02:28 PM
nbk13nw
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Cappi

Hmmm,...

What else can I do to the car to add some power but not voin the warranty? I put the steeda tri ax shifter in (love it) and the mac after axle exhaust (sounds great)

I want to add the cold air kit but you pretty much need a custom tune to make it run right & the tunes arent perfected yet so I want to wait.

Im thinking JBA shorties but they are pretty expensive to make such small power gains,..

any ideas??
Actually concerning the tunes... if you take it to a local Dyno shop and have them custom tune the box fro your vehicle and your mods.... I think you will be very impressed with the results.
Old 05-18-2005, 05:54 PM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

the tri-ax all ready blew the warrenty.. so go all out..
Old 05-20-2005, 01:23 PM
Cappi
2nd Gear Member

The triax doesnt blow the warranty at all. I checked with the dealerships 1st.
Old 05-20-2005, 01:35 PM
td1320
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Cappi

Hmmm,...

any ideas??
Hawgman can testify, nothing blows the warranty unless they can prove it caused the malfunction and then they can only deny the claim on that malfunction not the whole car. As for pullys, I had to take my stock ones back in so they could put them on the bad motor to send back to Ford. They put my UD's in the trunk for me. Don't you think the dealer would have voided my warranty for a bad engine if they could have? They have to prove that it was your aftermarket part that caused the problem. Your car will be all worn out by the time the warranty is up and it will probably cause the engine to fail by that time. It's up to you. You will be missing out on all the fun in the mean time.
Old 05-20-2005, 01:58 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

^^^^What he said^^^^
Old 05-20-2005, 03:33 PM
Cappi
2nd Gear Member

Is this for sure?? Because if so I want an off road H pipe & long tube headers immediately!!!

The dealerships claim this voids the warranty though,.....
Old 05-20-2005, 03:40 PM
PullMeOverRed05
3rd Gear Member

Compliments of the last warranty post...

http://www.magnusonproducts.com/magnusonmoss.htm
Old 05-20-2005, 03:47 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: PullMeOverRed05

Compliments of the last warranty post...

http://www.magnusonproducts.com/magnusonmoss.htm
And the one before that, and the one before that, and the one before that, and so on, and so on ......

ORIGINAL:Cappi
Is this for sure?? Because if so I want an off road H pipe & long tube headers immediately!!!

The dealerships claim this voids the warranty though,.....
td1320 just stated he had an entire engine replacement done under warranty and he had UD pulleys on it. I somehow doubt that an X pipe and headers are going to be worse than UD pulleys in the dealers eyes.

Think about it. The dealerships sell all sorts of mod parts over their parts counter. Are they going to sell and install stuff that is going to nullify a warranty claim ( because you can't VOID your warranty, you can get denied a claim based on blame of failure ). The dealer across the freeway from where I work has a GT Vert with 18" wheels, Borla axle back kit, and a "performance tune". Are they going to sell a brand new car without a warranty?

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Upgrades