Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

350Z seats in a Mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 11:46 AM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

Default 350Z seats in a Mustang?

How feasible would it be to put 350Z seats in a mustang? They are shaped and bolstered like a Recaro, and arent marked in anyway I can see as being from a Nissan.

I would think I should be able to find 2 black seats someone else took out for upgrades, or ones out of a wrecked car.

What would I need to mount them?

I rented a 350Z the last time I was in CA and I really like the seats, the car wasnt bad either really.

Thanks for the input.
Attached Thumbnails 350Z seats in a Mustang?-03.nissan.350z.int.500.jpg  

Last edited by MustangGT0405; 09-17-2008 at 11:55 AM.
Old 09-17-2008, 12:44 PM
Xeno
'Dr. X'

this is kind of a 'duh' statement (on my part), but look to see if there are mounting guidelines (distance apart from mounting screws, for example) for the 350 seats and compare them with your mustang's (i have no idea where to find that info, though; check with a nissan dealer, maybe). there is always the possibility they could bolt right on the base. that style of seat would look pretty good, imo
Old 09-17-2008, 01:22 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

"If" you can get the seats you can always mod it to make it fit. You maybe able to just weld its frame to your mustang seat frame after you cut off or un-bolt what you don't need.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:35 PM
Ato
4th Gear Member

I've mounted a set of seats in a vehicle they did not belong in, it really isn't that hard as long as you have the right tools and a bit of time to check and recheck your measurements. What I did was remove the seat from the frame to make it easier to move in and out. I then bolted the one hole that happened be in about the right place w/ the new seat and just took measurements of the rest. Welding the new tabs you made on the existing frame is probably the best idea but w/o a welder I just bolted them to the existing tab and bolted that to the floor.
I guess it depends on the level of detail and finish you want, I suck and have little patience for finish work so it usually turns out functional but not so pretty.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:39 PM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

Let me know if you find an answer to this question, i'd be very interested in doing this too
Old 09-17-2008, 08:08 PM
Roy_R
4th Gear Member

Once you are done with that, go ahead and add the badges too....
Old 09-17-2008, 08:12 PM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by RideMyAssOff
Once you are done with that, go ahead and add the badges too....
Kind of a low blow man, this is what hot roddings all about, having ingenuity, a lot cheaper than buying new seats
Old 09-17-2008, 08:27 PM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

i agree with eagle stroker... "ridemyassoff".. your a jackass.. that is what brings his car to a new level, and keeps yours on the one that its on.. that would be custom as fck, and look immaculate if done right..

i would be intrested if it doesnt fck with anything like seat belts, airbags, etc..

ford could have done a helllll of a lot better on these freakin seats.. its rediculous.. i feel like they are from an 88 ford ranger.. but i guess they do look pretty retro.. but whatever..

great idea OP! keep us posted!
Old 09-17-2008, 08:33 PM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

Glad i'm not the only one that felt that way. No room or patience for classless people around here - that being said sorry for thread jacking lol. I'd be willing to try this if you found some seats on the cheap

I've been seriously considering putting new carpet in my car, feel the quality from Ford just isn't really there
Old 09-17-2008, 09:00 PM
MustangBatman1
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by EagleStroker
I've been seriously considering putting new carpet in my car, feel the quality from Ford just isn't really there
Tell me about it, if yours is anything like mine, you can see the padding behind the pedals because your carpet is cut too short...

Quick Reply: 350Z seats in a Mustang?