Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Color coded side mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2005, 04:48 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

Default RE: Color coded side mirrors

Personally...

I wish Ford had used mirrors of the nature to the ones on my cobra (See below).. which happens to be the same mirrors on all Fords "Muscle Cars" of those years.
Old 05-19-2005, 05:01 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Can you post a link to the site with the covers? Was all over the 2005 mustang pages and couldn't see it.
I've been wanting color coded mirrors since I saw my GT.
Those black mirrors sticking out... makes the car look like freakin' Mickey Mouse![8D]
Old 05-19-2005, 05:04 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Spoilers4Less
Old 05-19-2005, 05:37 PM
MongrelMan
1st Gear Member

See.. its little things like that about domestic manufacturers that irk me.... they go and make an all round good product (mustang, vette....) and then go and clearly cheap out on the little details and try to play it off....

meanwhile they carry these HUGE pension obligations.... wanna save money... cut out the massive pension plans... you shouldnt be relying on employment pensions for you retirement funding anyways

thats right I said it
Old 05-19-2005, 05:43 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

==See.. its little things like that about domestic manufacturers that irk me.... they go and make an all round good product and then go and clearly cheap out on the little details and try to play it off. ==

If you had a wife like mine you'd understand why the mirrors aren't painted, the garage door jambs will strip that paint off in a heartbeat [X(]
Old 05-19-2005, 05:48 PM
MongrelMan
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Tres Wright

==See.. its little things like that about domestic manufacturers that irk me.... they go and make an all round good product and then go and clearly cheap out on the little details and try to play it off. ==

If you had a wife like mine you'd understand why the mirrors aren't painted, the garage door jambs will strip that paint off in a heartbeat [X(]
LOL... if your wife is hitting garage door jambs... chipped paint will be the least of your worries....... heres a thought... folding side view mirrors.... many manufacturers dont do this... Honda does and its fantastic... it will definitely save your *** at least once
Old 05-19-2005, 05:50 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Uh......and she drives your car why?
Old 05-19-2005, 06:03 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

==if your wife is hitting garage door jambs... chipped paint will be the least of your worries....... heres a thought... folding side view mirrors....==

Luckily all of her cars (vans) have had folding mirrors. She did manage to shatter the mirror housing on a Pontiac years ago though. Seems the stupid thing only folded one direction.

==Uh......and she drives your car why? ==

Uh.... who said she drives my car? Women drive Mustangs, if they are like my wife they tend to cut things too close and the mirrors get punished for it. I'm suggesting Ford may have been thinking of their mirror-knocker clientelle when they made the mirrors out of slightly flexible plastic.
Old 05-19-2005, 06:17 PM
MongrelMan
1st Gear Member

I'm suggesting Ford may have been thinking of their mirror-knocker clientelle when they made the mirrors out of slightly flexible plastic.
its possible....

but I highly, highly doubt it....
Old 05-19-2005, 06:18 PM
2Stangs
I ♥ Acer

The mirrors on the Mustang are so large. it was the first thing I noticed when I drove it.

matter of fact the mirrors block my view in my front quarters.

Quick Reply: Color coded side mirrors