Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Color coded side mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2005, 09:46 AM
nickbrace
2nd Gear Member

Default Color coded side mirrors

What do you all think about these mirrors, just bought them and they are a 3M tape product.....a shame I have to get em painted myself but they cost $134 for the pair!

[IMG]local://upfiles/16568/8F1157ACAF104015B45D60287DFCA29D.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-19-2005, 11:57 AM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Color coded side mirrors

[sm=badidea.gif] [sm=closed.gif]
Old 05-19-2005, 11:59 AM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Other than thinking you paid a little too much, I like them. Mine are at my painter as we speak.
Just FYI, Spoilers4less has them for $60 a piece. There is another guy on here ( don't remember who ) that has them on his black GT and they look sharp.
Old 05-19-2005, 12:01 PM
bortwein
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05BlueGT

[sm=badidea.gif] [sm=closed.gif]
If you think they are a bad idea, please explain a little more than the smilies. For those of us that don't know why they might be a bad idea. I don't have them but I was looking at them.

Thanks.
Old 05-19-2005, 12:05 PM
nickbrace
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for info hawgman - should have asked on here before buying to save a little money!

I think the only thing other than the exhaust tips I didnt like on this GT was the mirrors, I think they look cheap as hell with the black (nearly all good sports cars I see have color coded mirrors) - no doubt a cost cutting move which I appreciate..........doesnt mean I am gonna keep them though!

Doesnt make sense to me why you would think its a bad idea as surely mirrors the color of your car look alot better, no?!?!??

Old 05-19-2005, 12:07 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

It's just a personal taste of mine not offend anyone. Wasn't a fan of those because they also catch alot of bugs if you are in the country.
Old 05-19-2005, 12:14 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Well, I hate the black mirrors. Desparately wanted them the same color as the car. Was faced with three options. Either take the car somewhere and let it sit for "X" number of days while the bodyshop painted them. Remove the mirrors, take them somewhere and drive the car for "X" number of days without mirrors and holes in the side of the car while they were being painted, or buy covers, have them painted, and put them on. I choose option 3.

As for bugs, I doubt they are going to catch any more bugs than the front of the car does. Or for that matter, the factory mirrors. And trust me, I know ALL about bugs. I do frequent motorcycle trips between north Texas and extreme northwest Kansas in the spring and summer. I have had grasshoppers the size of kittens stuck in headlight rings.
Old 05-19-2005, 12:45 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: hawgman

I have had grasshoppers the size of kittens stuck in headlight rings.
I hope you wear a visor!!!

Regarding the mirror covers... I am going to buy a pair of them and have them painted black.
Old 05-19-2005, 02:27 PM
nickbrace
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hawgman

Other than thinking you paid a little too much, I like them. Mine are at my painter as we speak.
Just FYI, Spoilers4less has them for $60 a piece. There is another guy on here ( don't remember who ) that has them on his black GT and they look sharp.

I have changed my order and ordered them through Spoilers4less so thanks again for info!!!
Old 05-19-2005, 03:31 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Hey, no problem. It took about 4 days to get them. Nothing special to report about the packing or anything. I ordered, they showed up, they weren't in poor shape, they had the instructions...that's about all I can say about it.

Quick Reply: Color coded side mirrors