Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

STL 05 Mustang Owners

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2005, 04:36 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

Default STL 05 Mustang Owners

I know there are at least 4 of us in the greater St. Louis area. I live in the Hermann area and travel to work at Riverport daily. The specs on my car is in my signature and if yours is not, please list them and how long you waited. Let's see how many Mustang owners there on this forum are from the St. Louis area.

My original order date: 11/17/04
My second order date: 3/23/05 (no VIN on first order)
Found this car: 5/13/05
Bought this car: 5/14/05

Old 05-19-2005, 04:46 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

Default RE: STL 05 Mustang Owners

StL here...

I work in Earth City.. (Across the Highway from 05BlueGT.)

Live in Balliwn.

Purchased my car thorugh Keho Ford in Jefferson City.
Old 05-19-2005, 04:58 PM
STLPonyRider

Live in St. Charles..

Work in downtown STL....Driving HWY 40 in rush hour traffic with a stick is not fun.

05 Sonic Blue GT Premium /w dark charcoal interior, Silver Stripes, Upgraded wheels and locks, Sunroof
Old 05-20-2005, 02:55 AM
Hoose84
2nd Gear Member

Almost a St Louisian. O'Fallon, IL and I work at the Chrysler plants in Fenton. So 64 to 44 all week long, car is still on order but looks like it's coming a month ahead of when I was told. We'll see.

Hoose84
Old 05-20-2005, 12:28 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Hoose84

Almost a St Louisian. O'Fallon, IL and I work at the Chrysler plants in Fenton. So 64 to 44 all week long, car is still on order but looks like it's coming a month ahead of when I was told. We'll see.

Hoose84
When you park at the plant in that new Mustang, how far do you have to walk?
Old 05-21-2005, 02:59 PM
Hoose84
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05BlueGT

ORIGINAL: Hoose84

Hoose84
When you park at the plant in that new Mustang, how far do you have to walk?
Well there's a separate lot that I can park in, or I can park anywhere in general population. There are a few Corvettes, a new GTO and other non-Mopar cars/trucks. They really don't seem to care here as long as it's UAW built. All my other cars are Chevy's and they never mess with those. I know some plants are much different but most of our 30 years guys retired in 2003 and most everyone else was hired in 95, so it's a whole different attitude.

Hoose84
Old 05-22-2005, 03:46 PM
Dean Martin
2nd Gear Member

Live in Union and communte to downtown everyday on I44. I ordered my lime V6 from Sunset Ford on 2/24 and took delivery on 5/4. My best friend here in Union has a red GT that I think came from the dealer in Hermann. I have since put the GT wheels & tires on mine....bought off ebay for $600. I got my car on Z plan and paid over $3K under sticker.

Weekend after Memorial Day they have a big Mustang show on the lot next to Sunset Ford. I've never been but may check it out this year. Buddy has a '68 GT I'll try to get him to bring out.
Old 05-23-2005, 05:54 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dean Martin

Live in Union and communte to downtown everyday on I44. I ordered my lime V6 from Sunset Ford on 2/24 and took delivery on 5/4. My best friend here in Union has a red GT that I think came from the dealer in Hermann. I have since put the GT wheels & tires on mine....bought off ebay for $600. I got my car on Z plan and paid over $3K under sticker.

Weekend after Memorial Day they have a big Mustang show on the lot next to Sunset Ford. I've never been but may check it out this year. Buddy has a '68 GT I'll try to get him to bring out.
I test drove your buddy's GT after Hermann Ford got that in. I put about 20 miles on it the Saturday after the got it in. Then my girlfriend drove it that Monday and put another 10 miles on it. I know all sales guys at Hermann Ford. I might have to go to that event at Sunset Ford.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:37 AM
Dean Martin
2nd Gear Member

That's pretty cool...small world. He got to buy that red GT on the plan that lets friends of Ford employees get a price break. It did not have much on it except IUP and it was a red 5 speed which was all he cared about. Had to have one now.

Take care.
Old 05-24-2005, 12:41 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

Tell your friend to come and join the forum. Last Friday, I was cruising down highway B in Warren County and seen someone come up behind me in a red Porche. Could have been a 911 but not good at recongnizing foreign cars. I came up to a slow person, followed them for a couple of miles and they turned off. I hit 2nd gear and took off, got up to 65 and went into overdrive. Next thing I know, that Porche is coming up behhind me fast again. Came up to another slow car and the same thing. By this time, I am taking the sharper curves at 65 and the straight aways at 75 and they were still trying to keep up. For anyone who doesn't know this road, there are no passing areas for about 12 miles and full of curves and hills. Finally I got to the bottom of the hill at the stop sign and made a right, they were still following me. I got to Masses Creek and looked in the mirror and they were gone. I asked a couple of people in the area who had a red Porche. Well a close friend of mine found out that the lady in the car was trying to see who was driving because they are big Mustang fanatics. My question is, why would a Mustang fanatic be driving a Porche?

Quick Reply: STL 05 Mustang Owners