Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Bra

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2005, 08:40 PM
Exilenla
2nd Gear Member

Default Best Bra

Fellow O5 ers....

Do any of you have a recommendation on Bras for the 05's. I am particularly interested in one that has quite a bit of mesh on the front to protect the grill(s).

I plan on driving from LA to Vegas and then LA to the Bay Area and there is TONS of road kill on those routes. So I am not neccessarly looking for a good looking Bra, I am more interested in effectiveness

(p.s. is there a spell checker on the forum?? I dont c a button for spell check)

Cheers

Brian
Old 05-19-2005, 10:37 PM
MobyDickDog
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Best Bra

www.iespell.com

Download it from this website. It will install on the toolobar of Internet Explorer.

After typing your document or post select the Spell checker and it will check it for you and give you suggestions if you misspell a word.
Old 05-19-2005, 11:01 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

You will really need a front end bra for that trip from LA to Frisco. I did that last Labor Day morning and because the road was pretty clear I was flying! About 80-85 most of the way. Ended up with tons of bugs and a few chips on my front bumper and even one chip on the hood. California's roads are torn up by trucks, especially the 5, and the 15 that you'll take to Vegas has lots of trucks kicking up gravel from all the construction!
Auto Geek seems to tell us a little more about the products they sell. Try this link:

http://www.autogeek.net/bras.html
Old 05-19-2005, 11:53 PM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

I though there was a clear 3M placstic thing you can put on your car to coat it? Anyone hard or know about this? or am I just spewing s#$%?
Old 05-20-2005, 01:39 AM
SpikeGT
2nd Gear Member

I got mine right from my ford dealer. After I had mine on i had two different people tell me that the bra will wear away the paint. is there any truth to this? i'm paranoid to leave it on now, but i think it looks good on, and i HATE bugs splattering all on my front end.[:@] i have also heard of the clear bra from 3M but i hear they cost like 700 bucks or something.
Old 05-20-2005, 02:12 AM
JC74
2nd Gear Member

I always told just to put a heavy layer of wax under the bra to prevent wear.
Old 05-20-2005, 04:32 AM
Stckman
2nd Gear Member

I'm gonna be making that LA to SF run in a couple weeks... i was thinkin about getting a bra just for the trip up and back... i dont think keeping it on for 6 hours will do any damage... at least... i hope not..

-stick
Old 05-20-2005, 09:41 AM
tordiway
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lostsoul

I though there was a clear 3M placstic thing you can put on your car to coat it? Anyone hard or know about this? or am I just spewing s#$%?
You're talking about an adhesive vinyl Clear Bra, no? There's lots of them available - most major cities have at least one shop that will do the install. Some guys try it as a DIY project - success rates seem to be mixed. No grill protection, however.

Here's an example: Modern Armor Clear Bra
Old 05-20-2005, 01:09 PM
1fast05GT
3rd Gear Member

I got the Ford Bra mainly to keep the damn love bugs from eating up my paint (We are in love bug season here in Fl). For those that don't know what a love bug is, it's a black bug with an orange or red spot. The damn things fly around in pairs for the most part doing the wild thing. During love bug season you drive through what it seems to be thousands of these damn things and the whole bumper and windshield are covered with them. These bugs do more damage to your paint than normal bugs. You have to clean them right away.
Old 05-20-2005, 01:31 PM
Scottsat
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 1fast05GT

I got the Ford Bra mainly to keep the damn love bugs from eating up my paint (We are in love bug season here in Fl). For those that don't know what a love bug is, it's a black bug with an orange or red spot. The damn things fly around in pairs for the most part doing the wild thing. During love bug season you drive through what it seems to be thousands of these damn things and the whole bumper and windshield are covered with them. These bugs do more damage to your paint than normal bugs. You have to clean them right away.

I was at Port Aransas, Texas last weekend, driving the Expedition(white) and those darn bugs are everywhere!
I swear they chipped the paint on the Expedition!

A Bra for temporary means maybe a good thing!

Later,

[IMG]local://upfiles/13237/037063D59F7E437A85047820CA0A5D5E.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Best Bra