Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

back seat too cramped?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 11:15 PM
mckinnie

Default back seat too cramped?

Hey fellow mustang lovers!

I have wanted a mustang since I was 8 years old, it's the only car I have ever REALLY wanted.

I am going to be 16 next Friday and getting a new car soon.

I know the front is roomy, but the only thing I worry about is the back seat! Since I am 16, I will probably be out with my friends occasionally. Not a whole lot, but at least until that "new license and new car" phase wears off. So I am trying to consider them. None of them are really tall, I'm 6'0 and most of them are quite a bit shorter than me.

What I am asking is, are the back seats in a 2005-2008 mustang too cramped to comfortably fit people? I'm not planning on traveling long distances, just riding around and going to movies and stuff. Few hours max.

I am 90% sure I'm going to go ahead and get the mustang since it is my car and the one I WANT, but please answer anyway Too cramped to comfortably fit people for brief rides?

Figured you experts would know

Thanks soo much!
Old 09-25-2008, 11:18 PM
suoperdave84
4th Gear Member

Until I had to get back there to clean the rear window, I didn't even know I HAD a back seat.

No one can sit back there. If this is a dealbreaker, you picked the wrong car. I say get it, screw hauling people around....one of your friends will get something with 4 doors, and you can save gas money riding with him on your nights out.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:19 PM
Roy_R
4th Gear Member

The rear seat is only for insurance purposes...not really useful, unles you have very small kids
Old 09-25-2008, 11:20 PM
grindman620
2nd Gear Member

Well the back seat is not "ideal" for adults to fit into-definitely not the roomiest. I would say that if your friends are going to be seating back there for just an hour or so, they will be fine. I wouldn't base your decision of buying a new Mustang over this though. You can always fit people if you had to.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:58 PM
East87
4th Gear Member

the back seat is totally adequate. my road trip buddies didn't have a problem being "hopelessly contorted" in the back.

if you want a roomier back seat, get an SUV haha.

how could the back seat prevent you from getting the car you REALLY want? who cares about passenger comfort, it's a privilege to ride in one of these vehicles...
Old 09-26-2008, 12:01 AM
jahudso2
4th Gear Member

I dont think the back seats are all that cramped. It is a pain to get in and out of the back seat though, because its kind of an ackward angle to get in, but highschoolers shouldnt care.
Old 09-26-2008, 12:04 AM
Kotobuki
3rd Gear Member

I routinely have four people in my Mustang, and no one's complained about it yet. I've even asked. These are folks ranging from 5'4" to 6'. I myself am 6' as well, so I sit a bit far back.

The back seat is adequate, though not roomy by any means.
Old 09-26-2008, 12:19 AM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Absolutely cramped. Not roomy at all...but I agree....your friends would not mind...just be safe. We are losing too many teens to speed and alcohol.
Old 09-26-2008, 01:09 AM
zraickenator

I'm 18, I got the car when I was 17, and there have been countless times I have had friends in the back, and I have even sat in the back before, hell my dad who is 6 foot and definitely not "in-shape" so to say has sat back there. It's definitely not ROOMY, but it's actually better than I thought it would be. The seats are actually surprisingly comfortable.

IMO the car is WELL worth it. Get it!
Old 09-26-2008, 07:10 AM
antipeterleague
3rd Gear Member

i don't even let people ride back there because so much shoe scraping on all the upholstery and ****. it's a bitch to clean plus it puts lots of wear and tear back there.

Quick Reply: back seat too cramped?